Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(Orion's POV)

We were still waiting for my mom to pick us up when the concert ended. To avoid seeing Blake we went around to the back of the building. We succeeded and stayed there until my mom texted me saying she was here. We quickly hopped in the car, tired and ready to go home.

Halfway through the ride back I started staring at Riley. He was shaking and he looked like he was about to cry. I reached over and put my hand in his. He looked up at me and stared at me for awhile. He looked like he was searching my eyes for something. Anything. His eyes got glassy and he looked like he was about to really start to break down. I ran my thumb over the top of his hand to calm him down. He looked away from me, closed his eyes and took a breath.

When he opened them again he started to get comfortable to fall asleep by putting his head in my lap. He closed his eyes and his breathing started to even out.

I looked down at him. He looked so beautiful. I think I love it when he sleeps on me. When he does I can look at him all I want. I sound creepy but if you saw how adorable this boy was you would feel the same.

As I stared, I noticed the freckles that went across his nose and cheeks were coming back. Sometimes they disappeared in the winter.

"Orion?" My mothers voice broke the silence.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Oh, nothing happened. We just needed to get out of there. It just wasn't a good scene." I said. I didn't want to tell her the truth. I just... I just couldn't. I usually could tell my mom anything. But when I tried to tell her the truth this time I felt as if someone shoved a ball down my throat. It hurt to speak and I thought I might cry.

The rest of the car ride was silent.

I looked out the window and watched the lights pass by. Quickly illuminating the car and then leaving to be replaced by another.

When we got back home, I carried Riley up to my room. He was so light, and what would be the point in waking him? My mom smiled at us and I blushed.

I gently laid Riley down on my bed. I turned to change into pajamas. I slipped off my pants and took off my shirt. I heard shuffling behind me and then felt warm hands snake around my waist.

"I thought you were asleep." I said. He laughed.

"As soon as we pulled in the driveway, I woke up." Riley's voice came from behind me.

"So I carried you for nothing?!" I exclaimed, jokingly. Riley laughed and squeezed me. He pulled away and grabbed my hand.

"Come to bed just like this." He said pulling me toward my bed. He lightly pushed me down onto it and he stripped down to his underwear too. Riley got under the covers and cuddled up into me. I wrapped my arm around him and held him close.

He was shaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Every time I close my eyes, I see Blake's face. I forget you're here and I think it's him touching me." Riley said quietly.

"It's okay, honey. We won't have to see him again. I know he'll leave us alone." I said. Riley giggled almost immediately.

"What?" I asked.

"You called me honey." He said. He turned around and put his hand on my cheek. I felt him kiss me.

"Sorry." I said.

"Don't be sorry." He said with a little laugh. He buried his head in my chest and we fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, our limbs were all tangled together. Riley slept an hour longer than I did. I might have creepily watched him for awhile. I do that a lot. He sleeps a lot, though!

When he woke up he yawned and stretched. His hair was all messed up and his eyes were all droopy. He was so gorgeous. Who wouldn't love him?