Chapter 9

Chapter 9

(Orion's POV)

I've been trying to get it through my head that Riley is gone for good this time but something in my heart doesn't want to believe me. He's never been gone this long before. Who knows how far away he's gotten from our town.

I want to forget about him so I can stop feeling all this pain but I can't. I'm so used to him being with me it's hard to realize he's not anymore. Last time he ran away he at least tried to communicate with me. He even climbed through my window at one point. That time I knew he was okay. This time, I didn't. What if he's in danger? How would I help him? How would I even know if needs help?

All this uncertainty is making me sick.

I got up from my bed and went downstairs. I was hungry, really hungry, but I always felt sick as soon as I got near food. This anxiety is killing me.

I went to the living room and watched TV. I turned to a random show. It had to be funny and stupid though. Any more drama and I might just keel over.

After an hour of so of that the doorbell rang. I thought it was probably the Jehovah's Witness or Mormons coming door to door so I didn't get up. Then it rang again and I realized it was a real person. I got up and opened the door.

My heart sped, my stomach clenched, and a smile planted itself on my face. A strange reaction. But I'm just happy I didn't faint.

"Orion? Are you okay? You look like you're about to explode." His voice rang through my ears. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

"Come in, come in." I said hurriedly. Inviting him in. There was someone else with him. I hope it isn't a replacement, I thought as they walked inside.

I couldn't help myself. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Riley! I missed you so much!" I cried out. He laughed and hugged me back. I pulled away and looked at him. He was so beautiful.

"Come into the kitchen. You're going to tell me everything." I said pulling him into the kitchen. We sat down at the table, Riley's friend sitting next to him and me across from them.

Riley started talking and explained everything. He told me his friend was named Blake and how he helped him realize that he needed me. I was happy that Blake had helped Riley and kept him safe.

But, Jesus Christ, did I miss Riley. If Blake wasn't here I probably would have pounced on him.

"Well," Blake cut through, "I have to go now. I'll talk to you later, hopefully, Riley. It was so nice to meet you, Orion."

He got up and shook my hand. I walked him to the door. He waved one last time and said another goodbye.

"Bye, Blake!" Riley and I said cheerfully. He walked away and I closed the door. I looked back at Riley. We made eye contact and a mutual agreement seemed to pass through our eyes.

I briskly walked over to him and put my hand on either side of his face. I pressed my lips to his for the first time in weeks. I missed him, I needed him.

Everything was rough. Our kiss, my touch, everything. We both missed each other. We had been denied of this release for such a long time and now we got it again. I didn't want to stop kissing him so I picked him up and carried him upstairs. I walked us into my room and threw him, literally, threw him onto the bed.

I kissed him again and pulled off his shirt. I couldn't hold it back anymore. What I've been wanting to do since I first saw him. I pulled off his pants and flipped him on his back.

There were bruises around his lower back and butt. What were they from?

"What happened to your back? What are these bruises from?" I asked. I know he's always bruised easily. But how'd he get some only there? Riley turned and his face looked pale.

"Uh, well, me and Blake..." He said. Oh god I'm going to be sick.

"Did he hit you?" I asked. Riley quickly shook his head.

"No, no. We were just a bit drunk-ish one night... And we slept together." I couldn't believe my ears. I saved myself for him. We wanted to wait until we were ready. Me, until we were together. Him, until he loved me.

But suddenly he gets drunk and can sleep with someone he just met.

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked, suddenly enraged. He grabbed onto me.

"Please don't be mad at me." He pleaded.

"Don't touch me." I said, pushing him off. It's not like me to this mad so easily, so he knows I'm really pissed.

"Orion!" He yelled. I wanted to forgive him so much but I couldn't. He deserved hate right now.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, okay? I-I feel really bad about it. I regret it now that I see how much it hurts you. Just, please, don't be mad at me. I missed you so much. This was supposed to be happy. Don't be mad at me." He started to ramble and I watched as a tear fell down his cheek.

Now I felt really guilty. I made him cry! Fuck, I'm an ass. He wiped it away and let out an angry frustrated breath.

"Dammit." He whispered as another one fell down his cheek. I couldn't help it. I wrapped my arms around him. When he realized I had forgiven him, I could feel more tears falling. I pulled away and wiped them from his face.

All of a sudden he just started sobbing. I'm guessing everything just caught up with him. All his pent up emotions finally just burst through.

"I-I'm sorry. I d-don't mean to cry." He said. I laid back and pulled Riley with me so that he was on my chest. He buried his head into my shirt and kept crying.

"It's okay, Riley. Just let it out, baby." I said calmly. I rubbed his back and stayed silent until his sobs turned into sniffles. Riley sat up and straddled me.

"Please don't make me go home." He said, looking me in the eyes. He laid his head on my chest and shivered.

"Don't worry. You can stay here."