Sleight of Hand

Harry couldn't understand it nor could he accept it. She was never interested in me. His mind echoed her voice once again and he ran his hand through his hair and turned to his other side frustrated. So I don't have a chance? Sitting up on his bed, he glared at his window where the sun shone through. "Why are you worried? It's not like you should care." He grumbled under his breath before getting out of bed and grudgingly getting ready with the fact that he hadn't slept ever since he and Bella came back in.

Bella, unaware of the effect her words had on Harry, sat on her bed already showered and staring at her white coat hanging on a chair. Her eyes then started travelling towards her medicines on top of her table; she sighed and went over it to drink her required dosage for that morning.

"In a sec." she then called out when she heard a knock on the door and she quickly put her medicines back in her luggage, grabbing her coat, before walking to open her door to reveal Marietta, one of Prince Seeiso's assistants.

"Good morning, doctor." Marietta greeted, her accent strong. "I am here to guide you to breakfast." She continued slowly and Bella smiled before nodding.

Harry walked in the dining hall just in time to see Bella sitting beside one of the volunteer pediatrician. As much as he didn't want to look bothered, he still felt disappointment as he walked his way towards Prince Seeiso to sit beside him. Still, he kept on glancing towards the doctor's table, his eyes lingering on Bella for a few seconds before hastily looking down on his food or trying to make conversation with the other prince. It is awkward to say the least especially when Bella caught him staring and she smiled at him but he couldn't smile back because he's still disappointed that she was not interested in him.

Honestly, why are you bothered? You're with Meghan. His mind ranted as their group started walking towards the orphanage/make-shift consultation center. Presumably with Meghan. He wanted to look back where Bella is walking with the other doctor he knew as Doctor Mike and he can hear him interviewing her and asking questions about her.

Bella smiled at Doctor Mike, or just Mike. "I just turned 26 last July."

"What? I thought you're only 23!"

Kiss ass. Harry's mind scoffed referring to Mike and he quickened his pace not really wanting to stay near Mike and Bella anymore. After he stayed and played with the orphans for an hour and helping out Prince Seeiso on some of the paperwork, he had to make his rounds to see how the other volunteers are going.

He entered the consultation center smiling especially with a few kids who knew him greeting him as he passed by. "Hello." He told the little kid doctor Mike is checking. "How's our new doctor?"

"She's doing great." Mike said beaming and Harry tried his best to not look at him badly in return. "She's just checking someone, she'll be out in a few."

But as if by chance, Olivia came out of one of the closed curtain taking off the gloves from her hands and she stopped when she saw Harry. She smiled. "Hello, Your Royal Highness." She greeted and Harry frowned. Well, nobody told her to call her Harry here. Following her is a heavily pregnant woman and Bella led her to the table and helping the woman sit on the chair carefully.

"So, I would need you to be on bed rest for the next week, we need the baby in you for one more week." Olivia said as she sat on her own chair behind the table. "No strenuous activity as much as possible." She continued grabbing over her prescription pad to write down the vitamins needed. "If there are any bleeding, please come back here or have me called."

Although Harry is still disappointed that Bella didn't have any interest in him, he couldn't control himself as he walked over to her as soon as the patient left. "So, how's your first day?" he asked and Bella looked up at him with a smile.