Gravity

It had been three months since she last saw him.

Bella sighed as she looked out the window inside her clinic back in Mary Mediatrix. Three months. She thought her hand resting on top of her chest. Beneath the top she has on is a two inch long stitch- constantly reminding Bella of what she lost. Her operation was deemed to be successful- in a way. She woke up is what mattered but still, her health is steadily declining after the surgery.

"We would need a transplant." Doctor West said as Bella lay on her hospital bed looking at the ceiling.

She heard her mother give out a shaky breath. "How much chance of survival?"

"20 percent." The doctor answered and it was then that Bella heard her mother give out a sob. "I'm sorry."

Sighing, the doctor sat back down on her chair. For the past three months, she had lived. She did everything she wanted to do. She sky dived, swam in a waterfall, went bungee jumping, explored a cave, parasailed, scuba dived, flew on a trapeze, learned how to properly waltz, attended a music festival- and still, she still doesn't feel like she had lived to the fullest. Something is always missing.

Losing someone made her feel empty.

It's a week before the wedding and Harry had wanted nothing else but lock himself inside his room. He doesn't feel right. He feels the same when he lost his mom- depressed and incomplete. Some people, he thinks, noticed it but most don't. Most are too occupied into being excited for his and Meghan's wedding.

Standing by the altar during one of their multiple wedding rehearsals, Harry couldn't help but wonder if he would feel differently if it was Bella marrying him. He closed his eyes wondering how he would feel if the woman walking towards him on his wedding day is her- he imagined her in a wedding dress, the smile on her lips when he can finally turn to take her from her parents. And suddenly, even in his imagination, he felt his heart skip a beat- his soul feeling lighter.

"Harry."

But he always had to wake up and face reality. Harry turned around and saw Kate looking at him with a small smile on her lips. "We're done for today." She said and Harry nodded walking the steps down from the altar.

Catherine Middleton is no thick woman. For years she had known Harry, she knows his character from the surface to the very core. The past months, she had noticed the drastic change in Harry. He is no longer the always lighthearted Harry- in all honesty, Catherine feels like Harry lost the unique light he has in himself. He wasn't as cooperative on tours and charities, he wasn't interested in the wedding planning, he wasn't interested in grooming himself- he refused to live. And even though Catherine noticed that Harry is trying in his own way to hide it, it didn't go unnoticed for the observant duchess.

"Harry." Catherine called as he followed Harry on the aisle and the prince stopped to turn to her. "Can we talk?"

For a moment, confusion rose in Harry. He hadn't talked to Catherine much ever since he came back from Sentebale and Catherine never asked for him to 'have a talk' when it's not anything serious. "Ok." He said emotionless and Catherine nodded gesturing for him to follow her.

They sat at one of the seating hidden from public view. For a while, both sat quietly; Harry fidgeted with his thumbs deep in thought while Catherine tried to find a good way to start conversation with Harry. After a few moments, Catherine sighed and asked, "How are you?"

Harry looked up at the duchess before shrugging nonchalantly, "I'm fine."

Silence engulfed them once again and Catherine studied Harry intently. He looked so broken. "Harry, are you sure of this?"