Tongues Like Knives

"Trouble!"

Bella looked up from rummaging through her bags and saw Doctor Mike walking his way towards her with his bag on tow. "Hey, you." She greeted the doctor who pulled her into a quick hug. "How are you?"

Doctor Mike gave Bella a smile before shrugging. "Same old, same old." He answered before jokingly asking, "How's the homewrecker?"

The woman rolled her eyes at the question but laughed. She needn't be offended at Mike's question because she knows that he's not serious about it. "She's great. Probably burning in hell somewhere." She answered sardonically. "I heard Satan didn't take her."

Mike shook his head laughing, "Well, you're taking the ride with me. I rented a car." He said grabbing Bella's bag and loading it onto his trolley. "Did you pack any gown for the gala?"

"Gown?"

"Bella!" Mike said shocked suddenly stopping and looking at Bella with a shocked look on his face. "Please tell me you did!"

Bella, being one that's not really interested with anything that involves gowns, looked at Mike seriously. "I thought I can just wear like a good sparkly dress, you know." She told Mike who looked back at her in horror. In hindsight, Bella thought that it's weird for a man to overreact over a dress- surely, her dad never cared.

"It's a Gala, for one thing, Bella." Mike said exasperated but continued loading their bags into the taxi. "Don't worry. I've been doing missions here long enough that I know the best of the best." He said as if comforting Bella who only looked back at him about to complain. "Shhh. Let me handle it."

"But-"

"Shh." He said again placing a finger on top of Bella's lips and guiding her towards the passenger seat. They drove around Maseru for a bit until Mike stopped in a tailor shop called 'Dar-Jee'. Bella tried her best not to laugh at the name of the shop as they got in.

Suddenly, two gay men appeared. "Doctor!" they yelled happily in high pitch voices as they made their way towards Mike but quickly stopped when they noticed Bella behind Mike. "Oh- a pretty woman." One of the men said nudging the other. "A wonderful woman."

They seemed to have forgotten about Mike as they made their way toward Bella- who took a step back in retaliation. Mike snorted making Bella glare at him. "This is Isabella, a dear friend." Mike said introducing Bella to the two gay men. "These are Darlene and Jeen." He then told Bella who only looked back and forth between the two men who spun her around- clearly checking out her body shape.

"Tape measure, Darl." Jeen said towards Darlene who quickly grabbed a tape measure off of the top of her sewing machine. "36-24-36." She then told Darlene who squealed happily.

"We just got the perfect dress for her!" Darlene said suddenly disappearing to the back of the shop with Jeen in tow.

Bella looked at Mike, who comfortably sat on one of the chairs, with wide eyes. It all happened too quick for her. They haven't been in the shop for more than five minutes and she had already been spun around, checked over, and measured. She shook her head when Mike gave her a shrug. "Have you been here before?" she asked.

"I had someone who needed a dress before." He shrugged and Bella nodded.

Both Darlene and Jeen came back with a red gown on their hand. "Here!" Darlene said and Bella tilted her head to the side looking at the dress intently. "This is perfect."

Bella had her doubts- she doesn't think that the dress is going to be appropriate for the event. She thinks that it's probably going to be too much skin for the royals but Mike stood up from his seat and checked the gown out himself. "This is it. We'll take it."