Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The remainder of the day went by pretty quickly. Teri and Sherri didn't have much time to talk since silently agreeing to be friends. The table read ran longer than expected so afterwards they had to rush to their dressing rooms for their fittings and consultations. Even though they shared a dressing room, they still couldn't speak to each other because they each had a team of people surrounding them. There were people pulling at their hair, testing out swatches of makeup, and pulling clothes on and off of them, pinning and pulling things. It was hectic. There was a short moment where they actually made eye contact through the mirror. Teri gave her a "can you believe this" look and Sherri started laughing. Teri was more so laughing at Sherri's laugh than her own goofy look. Teri winked at her and Sherri wrinkled her nose and they both looked away to focus more on what the people around them were doing.

After everyone cleared the dressing room they still had no time to really talk. They got back into their normal clothes and took a second to just sit. Right before they could speak to each other Teri's phone rang and she rushed to get it knowing that it was her daughter who was away across country with her grandparents. Sherri was slightly annoyed that they still haven't had time to talk and get to know each other, but she completely understood. They had ten minutes until their rehearsal. So instead of ease dropping on Teri's conversation about ow her daughter is refusing to eat her veggies, she looks for her own phone.

When she unlocks it a huge wave of frustration washed over her. It was a long message from her husband. He must have gotten into a fight with his girlfriend because he seems to be going off on a tangent about how women are crazy and useless and he wants to stay back in "his" house. Sherri and her husband have been separated for almost a year now. They've done a great job at keeping it out of the media since they are pretty much in the same industry and they didn't want people to know much of their personal lives. They have been together for over a decade and were each holding on to false hope; which is why they have yet to get a divorce. But now he was at her house and she had absolutely no energy to deal with drama the whole night.

She was so wrapped up in reading all of the messages that she hadn't realized that Teri was off of the phone and was now looking at her with concerning eyes. "Everything alright, love?" Sherri jerked her head up, almost forgetting where she was. "Oh. Yeah I'm fine". She tried to chuckle to cover up her negative emotions, but that even sounded forced. Sherri just kept looking down trying to keep her emotions in tact before looking at Teri. But Teri already quickly sat down next to her rubbing her thigh and grabbed her hand into hers. "You can trust me, you know. Anything you ever say to me I will always keep it between us". Sherri looked up at her, trying to search for the truth in her words through her eyes. Then she just looked to the side away from Teri as if to debate whether or not to speak. Then she sat all the way back in her seat and took a deep breath. All the while Teri just sat there quietly and patiently waiting. "My husband is at my house, most likely because he and his girlfriend got into it again." She saw the confused look on Teri's face and explained how they have been separated for some time now. Also how much he likes to argue and pick fights lately. "I really don't know what to do anymore. Everything has just gotten so stressful. I can't always handle this on my own." She put her head in her hands and Teri rubbed her back. "You shouldn't have to deal with that. Just let him know that he can't just pop up and disrupt your life whenever he feels the urge to. Home is supposed to be where you feel peace". Teri started to play with Sherri's curls, trying to get her to relax a little. Sherri leaned into Teri and Teri wrapped her arms around her and gently swayed as she continued to play with her hair. Sherri appreciated what she was doing for her. Usually in times like this she was left trapped with her thoughts. She was glad that for the moment she didn't have to be alone. They sat in silence like this for about a minute before they were called out of the dressing room for rehearsal.