Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Does anyone have eyes on Sherri? We need Sherri Saum to the stage immediately". The producer was walking around frantic as he paged everyone on the crew. But it was three minutes to the start of the interview and no one has seen Sherri.

Teri was sitting on the couch across from the interviewer wishing that she had her phone on her to call Sherri. She was starting to feel guilty for not waking her up before she left the room. Right as the panicked little red man was about to make another round for the umpteenth time, Sherri came speeding onto the set. "I'm sorry I'm late"!

She sat down next to Teri and adjusted herself as everyone settled to begin the interview. Teri noticed the uneasy look that Sherri was trying to hide. Also, Sherri was wearing her glasses; always a dead giveaway that something was up. "Are you ok? He didn't try to contact you did he?" Teri whispered trying to make sure that Nick was still following court orders and leaving Sherri alone. Sherri took a moment to think of an answer because all she wanted to do was scream at her. But she didn't, she took a deep breath and simply said, "I'm fine. He didn't. I just lost track of time".

With that her walls went right up. She was actually late because she was busy trying to find quick ways to calm her red puffy eyes from all the crying so early in the morning. When all else failed she settled for her glasses since her contacts were just making her eyes sting even more.

Being around Teri was bringing out way too many emotions and she knew opening her mouth too much would let too many of them out. It was only a few minutes into the interview and the atmosphere was so tense. Unless the question was given directly to Sherri she would not speak. Teri was forced to talk the majority of the time and tried to lean into her to make it at least looked like they usually get along.

But Sherri just sat there legs crossed and sitting completely erect. Teri had no idea what she could do besides keep talking. She was struggling to keep her thoughts together and kept fumbling over her words. "Lena and Stef are-are uhm still trying to figure things out. You know, they're having a few bumps in the road. Uhm Mariana is trying to find herself," Teri turned to Sherri trying to cue her to jump in but she just raised her eyebrows and smiled in response.

"She speaks, really she does," Teri joked with a hint of frustration as the interviewer and the people around began to laugh. "And Brandon..." Teri decided to trail off and stop speaking forcing Sherri to pick up. "Brandon is faced with problems that puts him out of his comfort zone and is struggling to deal with his emotions when it comes to Callie".

The interview went on for another ten minutes or so. As soon as it was over Teri tried to find out what was wrong with Sherri. This whole thing was starting to get out of hand. She was at a complete lost. All Sherri said was that she was perfectly fine as she walked away so they could go to their next event. The two went separately, mostly because Sherri took an uber without even informing Teri. This turned out to be a positive thing as they both needed to refocus.

They arrived to the venue where their next formal interview would take place. They were scheduled to have a longer interview alongside Maia and Cierra, but outside there were paparazzi and interviewers from different networks waiting. There were multiple different interviews taking place with all of the other shows from their network as well inside. So luckily there were many people around to divert the tension.

Teri looked and gave her hair and makeup the once over as her driver came around to open the door. As soon as she stepped out of the car she was met by one of the network publicists. She briefed her on which interviews to take and how long for each one. As Teri made her way down the carpet she posed for some pictures and spoke to a few people. She smiled and laughed the whole time. Something she is good at, laughing to keep from crying. From the outside looking in you would never know that she was unhappy.