Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Whenever you're ready love," Teri said. She was very patient but to be honest, she was getting tired of sitting in the car. They've already went back to Sherri's hotel to gather her stuff and check out. Now they were waiting outside of her house that she shared with Nick to gather the rest of her personal belongings.

Sherri wasn't sure what she was feeling in that moment. She remembered when she first bought the house. Her vision of her dream family she would create in this house was what made her stay for so long. She always believed that her and Nick would somehow still make it work. But now that vision seemed to be dull and tarnished. She never imagined that things would be the way that they were now. This big house that was supposed to manifest dreams only created unforgettable nightmares. She longed for children but didn't even think that it was possible anymore. Only because the man who had promised to love and protect her had sent her to the hospital one too many times. Now she was here ready to start anew with her girlfriend, the beautiful Teri Polo. She was so excited to see what was next to come but afraid at the same time.

She was jarred from her thoughts by the sound of Teri's voice. "Sorry. Yeah, let's get to it". She got out of the car without even looking at Teri. She was so mixed up with emotions that she didn't want the wrong one to display on her face. The day has been so amazing so far. She just didn't want to ruin it. Teri didn't say anything. She knew that no matter the circumstances that this had to be difficult. They both grabbed the boxes from the back of the car and made their way inside.

.............................................

They've been in the house for about two hours now. They took most of the boxes out to the car already. They were in the bedroom packing up the last bit of photos and small things. Teri was playing music from her phone as the two jumped around dancing to Meghan Trainor's "All About The Bass". They were laughing and moving their hips as they sang along. She was just so happy to see Sherri smiling and happy.

They grabbed the last of the boxes and left out of the room with Sherri leading the way. They were still hysterically laughing at Teri's silly dance moves. "For someone who is trained to dance you really do..." Sherri suddenly froze. She stopped speaking, stopped moving, Teri wasn't even 100% sure that she was still breathing. "I do what?" But then she head the hinges on the front door unlocking. Sherri snapped around and pushed Teri into the bathroom right next to them.

They put the boxes on the floor and slowly cracked the door to peak out. "I really don't understand. I let you stay here for the past week and you don't clean, you don't cook, you don't do anything". They watched as a small slender woman, with straight dark hair and Hispanic features and a rather larger behind, ascended the stairs with Nick not too far behind, looking more annoyed than ever. "Excuse me, but do I look like your mop head wife"?

Teri's eyes went wide, "Bitch-"Sherri slapped her arm to silence her as she refocused her attention.

"That's beside the point. At least she did something". Nick just stared at her until she just shrugged her shoulders and walking away. "You know what? Fuck it! I'm ordering Chinese". Nick stormed into the living room and began to dial the number. "Well I'm not really hungry for Chinese," she said seductively. "I don't really give a damn". She walked over to where he was sitting and got down on her knees in front of where he was sitting. "I be you will".

Sherri closed the door and turned around. "Ok. We really need to get the hell out of here. This is disgusting," she whispered. Teri held her mouth in disbelief and disgust, "Thank God! I'm about to be sick". Sherri chuckled and shook her head at Teri. "You think that's funny Ms. Saum?" Teri whispered. Teri was shocked. Out of everything Sherri could be feeling right now, she was laughing. "Well if you barf everywhere I will just clean it up with my mop head". Sherri was barely able to get it out before laughing. She bit her bottom lip trying to suppress her coughing. While watching Nick and his new girlfriend, she realized that she really didn't care. She knew that he had definitely downgraded. And looking at Teri it was clear that she was the one that was becoming victorious.  

"Ok my love. Are you ready to break free of this hell hole?" They picked up the boxes and Teri leaned over to kiss her temple. Sherri opened the door and they quietly crept down the hallway. The noises coming from the living room was enough to make them gag. But they refused to move any faster out of fear that their steps would make too loud of a noise. They reached the end of the hallway and now just had to get to the bottom of the steps and straight out of the door. They were in clear view of Nick, but luckily he had his eyes closed. Slowly they took each step one at a time. They were almost in the clear until Teri tripped on the last step, dropping the box and causing Sherri to bang into the wall. "Ahh! Teri!" "What the fuck. Sherri?! Is that you?" They head him jump up off of the couch and the mystery woman swearing. "Shit. Run, Sherri, run!" Teri laughed as she picked up the boxes and ran full speed to the car. Nick started to run out after them screaming something that they couldn't quite make out. They put the boxes in the back and jumped in the car. "Drive! Drive!" Sherri yelled, barely able to breath because of the pure adrenaline and the laughter.

...............................................

The two were finally home. Sherri had cooked dinner so she decided to clean up their mess as Teri went to take a bath. There was something that has been weighing heavy on Sherri's mind. Before she went another day of being with Teri she needed to just let go of this.

Before she knew it she found herself knocking on the bathroom door. She heard Teri welcome her in and she steadily made her way inside. "You know, you don't necessarily have to knock". Teri was leaning back in her large tub filled with tons of bubbles. Sherri was staring, imagining what she would find under the bubbles. She felt herself getting hot but she had to stay focused. Teri could see the silent battle written all over her face. But before she could say anything Sherri was already removing her clothes. Teri sat up a little more to brace herself as she helped Sherri step inside. Once Sherri was settled she leaned back into Teri, resting her head on her shoulder. She just needed one second to find comfort. With the warm water and Teri embracing her, drawing circles on her shoulder, she was completely relaxed.

The silence was relaxing, but Sherri knew that she had to speak. "We met while filming this crazy soap opera. He seemed so dreamy. Every woman on set was obsessed with him. But he always wanted to talk to me. Thinking back I think he could tell I was weaker than the rest of them. I never really got a lot of attention, so for him to like me...But that was the beginning. He use to hit me and choke me all of the time. Once he hit me so hard I went right through our glass door. I've been the hospital 15 times. He made me think that I had nothing else. There was a time when..." Sherri just needed a moment. "Take your time," Teri reassured as she planted kisses on top of her head. Sherri snuggled closer and tried again. "There was a time when he came home drunk with his friends. I was sleeping and they all came in my room. I woke up to them grabbing me and groping me. I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in there until I heard him leave the next morning. I never told anyone. I spent the past decade believing that was the only type of love I was worthy of having". Teri's tears were freely flowing as she held Sherri tighter. She could feel her body shaking in her arms. "He was the example, the definition I had of love. But then I met you and I feel like a brand new person. And I just want to thank you for redefining love for me on a daily basis". Teri kept placing kissed on top of her head before saying, "I love you my sweet, sweet love". "I love you too my Teri Polo". They just spent their time wrapped up in their love, excited for what their journey may bring.