Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"What's wrong?" Cierra stepped back to prevent Sherri from grabbing the phone. "Cierra?" When Cierra finally looked up at her, Sherri saw so much shock, so much confusion, and so much hatred. Cierra ran to Maia's side trying to put distance between her and a now confused Sherri.

"Cie, what did I-" Cierra simply raised her hand, halting Sherri from saying anymore. "Maia, call Jeff and Rudy. Tell them to get here now!" Maia was just as confused as everyone else. "Cierra, why? What's happening?" Cierra showed her the phone and in a matter of a few short moments Maia had her phone out dialing numbers. Sherri and Teri started to walk towards them but Cierra snatched the phone from Maia and began walking to put more distance between them.

As the messages continued to stream in she could not hold back much longer. Before she knew it she was dialing the number of the person who was sending messages. "Wait Cierra. What are you doing," Sherri implored. After a second it was clear that someone answered the other line. "Who the hell do you think that you are? You want to act tough through the phone?...Bitch I'm from Houston. Don't fuck with me...Don't worry about who I am...My boyfriend will kick his ass too! Put him on the phone then". Just then Maia snatched the phone and began to go off, "I dare you, ok. I freakin' dare you to try to touch her...Come inside then smart ass! Bring you and your poor excuse for a woman". As Maia continued to argue Cierra was still fuming, pacing the floor ignoring all of Teri and Sherri's questions. The door swung open and in Ran Cierra and Maia's boyfriends, who luckily were already waiting close by. The taller of the two ran over to Cierra with panic written all over his face. He was tall, maybe about 6 feet, with dark hair and appeared to be very suave. Meanwhile, the less muscular man ran to Maia, desperately trying to get her to stop cursing at whomever was on the phone and to explain. "Baby, what's wrong? Who hurt you?" Jeff pleaded with a now distraught Cierra. "Jeff, he's going to hurt her...He sent pictures and threats".

Cierra was trying so hard to keep from sobbing but she was too worked up. "Cierra. Who? Who's in trouble?" Jeff was knelt down trying to make out what was being said. "Ma...mama. He's going to hurt Mama". "Your mom? What happened with you mom?" "No," Sherri interjected, "me, right? Who is-"
"Them!" Maia yelled out as she pointed towards the door. Standing in the doorway was Nick and Lexi, the same woman that Sherri and Teri saw in the house that day. As soon as Nick spotted Rudy and Jeff he took off running with Lexi right behind. "Hey!" They yelled chasing after them. "Save her for me!" Maia yelled, jumping over a couple of chairs in the process to follow suit.

Cierra turned to Sherri. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me he was dangerous and that he was hurting you?!" "Cierra, I don't-" Cierra instinctively wrapped her arms around her and hugged her protectively but lovingly. Sherri tried to push her away to look at her and to explain but Cierra just held her tighter, refusing to let go. "Honey, I'm ok. I have it handled".
"Mama, no you don't". Sherri felt a slight pang in her heart. Not because she felt insulted but in the back of her mind she knew it to be true.

Cierra backed up and finally gave Sherri back her phone, while Teri stepped up to finally see what was causing all of the commotion. As Sherri looked through the messages Cierra narrated so that she could catch Teri up. "He sent pictures of your house...He destroyed everything". Each picture showed a different room, trash everywhere, furniture torn, holes in the walls, and windows broken. Then he decided to send some derogatory pictures of himself and Lexi. Those actually made their stomach turn; not because she felt hurt at all but because it was just a disgusting sight. Once those pictures were done it was clear that he was somewhere close lurking. This was the part of the text thread that got everyone so upset. Violent threats and name calling were being made. By both Nick and Lexi. A picture flashed to Sherri's car, which was parked right outside in the lot, which now had flat tires and busted out windows. The next text read, "No way to run". Then a recent picture of Sherri and Teri not too long ago laying on top of each other; a picture that clearly was just taken from one of the outside windows. The caption from this one read, "Nowhere to hide". Along with that there were messages threatening both her and Teri. Then finally, the last one said, "Never forget" and there was a picture that he took of Sherri as she was on the floor crying after he laid his hands on her about a year ago.

Sherri tried to take a moment just to try to keep her face expression neutral in an effort to reassure Cierra that things were fine; even though it was clearly too late for that. She could even feel the tension radiating off of Teri. Then when that last picture popped up Teri instinctively moved closer and took the phone out of her hands. It was written all over Teri's face; she wanted to kill them. But before she could voice what was on her mind, the other three came back into the rom.

Maia was smiling victoriously swinging around and extension from Lexi's head and Rudy and Jeff came in out of breath and with scuffed fists. "We did our best without causing too much harm," Rudy said. Jeff stepped up to Teri and Sherri after kissing Cierra on top of her head. "So which one is Mama again?" Sherri just gave a look that said it all. "Are you alright? They didn't hurt you or anything, did they?" The guys didn't see the messages and didn't know what was happening. But they did know that their girls loved these two women and felt very much protective of them. When they're together all they could talk about was how Sherri Polo was evolving. So if their girls loved them and wanted to protect them, then so did they. To be honest, they have been dying to meet them, just not under these circumstances. Jeff moved closer and gave Sherri a huge comforting hug. With one arm across Sherri's shoulders he reached out for Teri. "Those two would literally destroy us if anything happened to Sherri Polo". "And don't you forget it," Maia chimed in, still playing around with the pulled out weave.

"But we did call the police. So they should be on their way," she added. "I do have one question, however," Rudy said, "Who's Sherri and who's Polo?" Finally the woman smiled just a bit. "Well I'm Sherri". "And I'm Polo. Well, Teri Polo". "Aye!! Teri and Sherri!" both guys said in unison. "You guys are such wierdos," Cierra said laughing at them.

They all waited for the police to come and followed the necessary steps to press charges and request a restraining order. Sherri had her car towed away. She then got in the car with Teri to go back home, with the guys, Cierra, and Maia following behind them just to make sure they weren't being followed and that they got there safely.

That night neither one of them wanted to touch the topic again; they just didn't know what to say since the abuse was already known and talked about. Instead they chose to just cater to each other. Their weekend away for promo was quickly approaching and they didn't want to dwell on the negatives. Teri made dinner and they sat at the table with the kids and talked about their day. Most of the conversation was over who stole who's idea for the class project and why "bubble gum pink" is no longer an acceptable nail polish to wear.

Then after, while Teri was getting the kids ready for bed, Sherri drew a bubble bath for them both. "Are you sure that you are alright"? Sherri sat behind Teri resting her head on hers while Teri mindlessly played with the bubbles in front of her. "I should be asking you that question, love," Teri said a bit confused. "Yes. But I can tell that everything sort of messed with you. You sort of tensed up after all of that". Teri found herself trying to think of what to say. She doesn't like talking about her feelings or what is bothering her. Sherri just continued to glide her hands on her sides beneath the water, getting her to relax a tad bit more. She placed gentle kisses on her shoulders as Teri rubbed her thighs in response. "I know that you are alright now and I will do all I can to ensure that he will never hurt you again. But to know that he has before, knowing that you were suffering and knowing that you were all alone and felt helpless makes me want to kill him. I just wish that I was there or knew you back then". "I do too". Sherri let a couple tears finally drop. "But things happen for a reason. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't know real love like I do now". Teri slightly turned her body to kiss her lips. "I love you Sherri Saum". "I love you too my Teri Polo". Before they knew it the kiss became more and more intense and Sherri's fingers found their way inside of Teri and were probing in and out. Teri was sucking and biting Sherri's neck trying to keep her moans quiet as water from the mini waves they were creating was splashing all over the floor. "Maybe we should move to the bed," Sherri suggested.

They practically ran into the room when the TV interrupted everything. "'The Fosters' stars Teri Polo and Sherri Saum are not only playing lovers on the new hit show but in real life as well. Inside sources tells us that the steamy affair was a result of the show. We all know Polo from movies such as 'Meet the Fockers'. Then there is Saum who seems to be no stranger to falling for her costars. Let's not forget that is how she met her husband after all. But the question is, what is happening with that marriage? Later on E!."