Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The sun radiating into the room from the large windows began to warm her body. She began to stretch and bend with her eyes still closed as her body began to awaken. The sun mixed with the warmth and the comfort of both the bed and the woman next to her made her feel as though it was a brand new day. She rolled over and saw the mass of brown curls and the memories of yesterday came flooding back.

Sherri was still sleeping and Teri couldn't believe that she was actually there. She reached out and wrapped one of the soft coils around her finger. Sherri began to stir and she turned to face Teri. "I kept waking up. I didn't know if I should leave or not since-" "Don't you dare," Teri searched her beautiful brown eyes then gently smiled. "What"? Teri lightly shook her head before whispering, "I think that I see an angel". Sherri smiled and reached for Teri's hand under the blankets.

"I think after last night I ran out of tears," Sherri said. "Who are you telling?" Sherri sat up a bit more serious, cris-crossing her legs and still facing Teri. "What happened yesterday?" Teri pulled the covers over her head. "I don't want to talk about it. Please, just not right now," Teri said, knowing how persistent she can be. Sherri decided to drop it for the time being. Plus there were other topics at hand. She tried to pull the blanket from over Teri's head but she had a death grip. "Teri, let go," Sherri laughed. "No. I'm safe from all serious conversation under here".

Sherri got off of the bed and crossed her arms, "Fine". Teri popped her head out, thinking that she had upset her. She looked down at her bare legs. "I see that you still refuse to use pants". She gazed at her smooth golden skin and just imagined touching her. Or even simply laying against her bare skin. Just then Sherri lunged at the bed and snatched the blanket off. "There nowhere to hide now". "Sherri give it back! It's cold". Teri laughed at Sherri's playfulness; a side of her that she absolutely adored and missed. "Nope it's mine now". Sherri gathered the blanket into a ball and ran to the door. "Oh no you don't" Teri jumped up to stop her and began to tickle her sides before she could get the door completely open. "Ahh! No that's cheating!" She threw the blanket over Teri and jumped on the bed. She began to jump up and down like a child as she threw all of the pillows at Teri. "Ah! Oh no! Aerial attack!" Once she ran out of pillows, Teri ran to Sherri and resumed her tickle attack. She was so weak from laughing that she just collapsed onto the bed and Teri just sat there laughing, still lightly tickling her. When she stopped Sherri just laid there trying to get her nerves under control. "Teri?" "Yeah?" "You're in love with me". Teri paused, "I'm aware". She sat up, "I'm in love with you too". Teri let out a breath that she wasn't aware that she was holding, a large part of her was worried that Sherri didn't feel the same about her. "Yeah?" Sherri nodded her head, "And I'm scared of where this may go and of what may happen. What are people going to say? Because technically, I'm still married. I can take the criticism but I don't want that to be the basis of who we are. Then there's the possibility of this going terribly wrong. The show just got picked up. What if we mess that all up?" Teri turned to be completely facing her. "I understand, love. I thought about all of those things too. But we have to look towards the positive outcomes instead. And it's not like we have to go tell the whole world. I'm ok with keeping whatever we are a secret for now. "Yeah?" Sherri asked with sympathetic eyes. "Of course. And heaven forbid this does end in flames, then we can just make everyone choose sides! Cierra and Maia would coordinate the whole thing. They've already taken control of our lives anyway". They both burst out laughing. "No I don't like that plan". Sherri continued to laugh and Teri just smiled, so pleased with the moment.

"You're so beautiful," Teri said suddenly causing Sherri to pause. She slightly winced as she turned her face away as if to catch herself then she quickly smiled. "What? I'm nothing compared to my Teri Polo. You're a knock out." Teri caught what she was hiding but decided against pushing it at the moment.