Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Teri was sitting at home playing clue with her kids. It was Thursday night, almost a whole week since Sherri left. Even though she loved being with her kids Teri was craving some adult company. Since they finished filming the first episode everyone was on break until they heard something. So she couldn't even see the cast and crew. But as a thank you, Bradley and Peter were having a cast and crew party on Friday.

Teri has yet to reach out to Sherri because she seemed pretty mad and Teri was still a little hurt. Every time her phone rang she prayed that it was her but instead it was just Jeanie. Once Sherri left Teri replayed that morning over and over trying to think about what could have gone wrong. She finally realized what she said and she hated herself for it. She was even more upset with Jeanie for coming by and causing trouble to begin with.

Her phone buzzed again, but instead of it being Jeanie, it was Sean. He was a friend of Jeanie's husband. They met at their house one night when she was invited over for dinner. They ended up laughing and talking the whole night. He was very funny and extremely handsome. They would talk occasionally but never actually hung out. Mostly because Teri was always cautious of who she dated because of her past relationships. He was a professional baseball player and was texting her to see if she could go to one of his games on Friday. It was during the day so she would have enough time to get ready for the party that night. Part of her wanted to say no because she really wanted to find a way to make things right with Sherri. But then she knew that this would be a great way to get her mind off of her. Besides, she just wanted to feel happy. She smiled at the thought of a pleasant distraction and continued to text him for the rest of the night.

..................................................................

"Mama, I'm sure she loves you. There's no way in the world that she doesn't love you. Everyone does". Earlier that day Cierra got a call from Maia saying that something was wrong with their moms. After some convincing and a sad baby voice, Sherri finally gave in and told Cierra where she was staying. She spent the whole day lounging around the hotel room eating pizza and watching movies anyway. Some company may actually be good for her.

Cierra was trying to convince her that there must have been some mistake to what she heard Teri say. Sherri was getting more and more upset because she was making it seem as though she was the problem when clearly Teri was the one with the harsh words. "Cierra I don't want to talk about it anymore! I don't want to talk about love. I don't want to talk about her, friendships, relationships, and meanings, none of it"!

Cierra just waited a second until Sherri calmed down and for her breathing to level out again. "What happens when the show get picked up"? "Cie, we don't even know if it will". "No you don't know because you and Mom are in denial. We all aren't worried because we believe in it"! "I believe in the show too". "No Sherri, I mean in yourself. You don't believe in yourself or in you and Teri. Look at where you are and what you are doing. You are already giving up and running. Everyone else can see that you two love each other. It is so evident on and off screen. Even when you guys tried to hide the fact that you didn't get along at first. WE KNEW!"

Sherri was trying hard not to cry. She was tired of feeling weak and like the damsel. But as her eyes welled up with tears she tried to divert her attention elsewhere. "Sherri say something"! She took another second to gather her thoughts before speaking. "I don't understand what is happening," she said above a whisper. "Well for starters I'm becoming Mama and you are the little ditsy Marianna". Sherri chuckled and threw a pillow at her before wiping away a couple of tears that forced their way down her cheeks. "No. I'm in love with Teri. I didn't realize it until she said that she said she didn't love me. But I know that I'm in love with her and I'm afraid of what that means and what is to come with it. That is if she even feels the same".