Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Today was the first day back to work and both Teri and Sherri decided to keep their relationship a secret for the time being. Mostly because of Sherri's marriage. It was the first time that they were seeing the cast and crew since the party. They were curious to know what everyone knew or thought that they knew. They haven't really said anything to any of them but they did cause quite a scene.

Just to be on the safe side they decided to walk in separately. Sherri went in first while Teri stayed in the car for a bit longer, just mentally preparing herself. "New beginnings," she aid to herself, "new beginnings". Teri had to admit, she was worried about this whole thing. There were so many factors involved for if this went terribly wrong; her job, the cast, her children, Sherri's soon to be ex-husband, their reputations. It was a lot to take in, but she didn't want to push her away. They both deserved to be happy and Teri was in love with this. So this had to work.

After five minutes she got up and walked inside. Everyone was scattered about, getting prepared. She saw Sherri off to the side getting some fruit alongside of Peter. She smiled to herself and began to walk to her when Danny came walking alongside of her. "Hey Teri! How have you been?" "Pretty good, Nuc! Really can't complain". "How come you didn't tell any of us you were dating Sean?! Let me tell you, I'm a huge fan". "Really? I didn't know. I'll text him for you and give him your number. You two can do whatever it is that guys do". At this point they reached Sherri and Peter, who were waiting to great them. "And I'm not dating him". "Not dating who? Mr. Good Hair from the party?" Peter jumped in. Teri noticed Sherri tense up ever so slightly and quickly plaster on a smile. It pained Teri to see because she knew that Sherri was still hurting on the inside because of everything that happened that night. She knew that no amount of great sex was going to make that go away. "Yeah I had to drop him. My TV wife has way better hair"! Teri kissed the side of her cheek and laced their fingers while she laughed. "Good," Sherri said in response, "I don't like to share". They both giggled as Sherri placed her head on Teri's shoulder. "You two are sickening," Danny added.

Just then he was pushed out of the way by a very sleepy and groggy Cierra. "Watch out. I need donuts," she stood facing away from them trying to pick between the glazed and strawberry sprinkles. "What's the matter Miss Thang? Not use to 5 am call times?" Peter laughed as he started taking pictures for later taunting. She just wined in reply. "Late night with Jeff again?" Sherri mocked. Cierra turned around with a smile at the sound of his name. "I think it's time I walked away," Danny said as he made a mad dash. Right before Cierra could explain her smile widened as she looked at their hands and back up to her moms. "Awwww." She practically dove at them hugging them together. "Look at my little Sherri Polo." "Sherri Polo?" Peter asked, "I like that. I'm going to tweet that out. Say 'Cheese'." Before anything else could happen he snapped a picture of them laughing and walked away. "Cierra, look, we have to keep this quiet," Sherri said. "But why? You two are so perfect," Cierra wined looking annoyed at their stubbornness. "It's just better this way. At least for now," Teri chimed in. "Fine," Cierra said before grabbing an extra donut, "But I want all of the details later when Maia gets here".

Later on that night, after they were all done filming, the cast lounged around in The Fosters studios. Sherri was sitting across the room talking to Noah about how to make things right with his girlfriend Lauren. And Hayden was resting his head on her lap as she brushed back and played with his hair while he waited for his parents. Teri was on the other side of the room taking snapshots of her. Once Maia and Cierra realized that she was taking pictures they forced her to take a million selfies with them, along with David. They were all done for the day, but they were so comfortable with each other that they did not want to leave just yet.

Peter and Bradley came in and plopped down, just as exhausted as they all were. "Hey guys. Just a heads up. You all will be receiving an email from marketing and production. You all have an event for GLAAD this Friday and after that the four lovely ladies are being flown out to New York until Monday and the guys will be doing appearances here on the west coast". "How come they get to go across the country? I want to go to New York," Noah complained. "Because it's an easier split and we can't have Hayden traveling too far since he is still in school, plus depending on how the show goes the whole network may be going to New York in December," Bradley said. "That's right No-no. No airline miles for you," Maia teased. "Now, now children. Let's play nice...even though we do get a better vacation". Teri said in her best authoritarian voice before sticking her tongue out at him. Everyone laughed at Teri as Hayden got up to gather his stuff with David and Noah following suit. "Come on Hayd. We'll walk you out to your mom," David said, "Us guys have to stick together". Both Bradley and Peter followed out behind them after saying a quick goodnight.

Once the coast was clear, Sherri locked eyes with Teri. They were able to get away with being close, holding hangs and whispering cute messages with each other but only because of their characters. But all day she felt like she was holding back and now she just needed her close again. "What's wrong Sherr-Bear?" Teri could tell what she wanted but was very hesitant with Cierra and Maia still in the room. But looking at that smile and begging in her eyes was making her warm inside. Sherri stretched her arms out and beckoned her over. Teri sat there blushing, not sure what she should do. Maia and Cierra turned their attention to them. "Aw! Go ahead. You can't leave Mama hanging," Maia gushed. "Well I wouldn't want to do that, now would I?" Teri joyfully skipped over to her with Sherri cracking up. She hopped onto the couch and straddled her. But Sherri was quick. Before Teri could fully sit she flipped them so that they were laying across the couch.

They were very careful with their hands and movements, aware of their audience. Sherri tightly wrapped her arms around Teri's neck as she locked her arms around her back. They nuzzled into each other just taking in the refreshing moment. "This isn't very inconspicuous my love," Teri whispered. "Whatever, we knew before you two did anyway", Cierra said. Sherri and Teri looked up to see that they were the stars of their own photoshoot and couldn't help but laugh. "Here use my phone". Cierra picked up the phone as Sherri read her the passlock. Cierra started to snap pics when a stream of messages started to flood the phone and her face turned to anger. Sherri noticed and got up stepping in front of her attempting to reach for her phone, but Cierra just looked at her. "What's wrong"?