Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Sherri took off in the direction of the bathroom. So many thoughts and images were racing through her head. Teri kissed him. Or he kissed her. Either way Teri's lips connected with someone's other than hers, while she knew that she was standing there. She couldn't let herself get upset. At least not until she reached the bathroom.

The moment she stepped in she turned to lock the door to keep Cierra, or Maia, or whomever else that kept trying to make things better, out. But right when she went to reach for the lock she was almost knocked out of the way by the door being barged open. "Teri, get out!" Teri ignored her as she turned to lock the door. "No! You have to hear me out." "Why? Why did you bring him? You brought him around the kids, Teri. I was suffering and you were playing house!"

Sherri was getting so mad she felt her temperature rising. She began to pace in small circles with her hands in her hair in an attempt to calm down. "I was hurting too. I know that it is not an excuse but I needed a distraction from you. Do you know how it feels to have someone that you love say that they don't want to be around you and not hear from them at all?" "Stop lying! How dare you lie to me. I heard you say otherwise. She asked you and-" "And you heard me begin to understand that you are who I always wanted." "You didn't call me either. You can't put that all on me. And if you did love me you wouldn't have brought him here". She finally stood still and looked Teri in the eyes as the tears freely fell.

Up until this point Teri didn't realize what her actions would do to Sherri. Teri started to tear up as she continued to speak. "Sherri I am so sorry that I keep messing up. I'm sorry that I went on a date with him. I'm even sorry that I met you, because maybe if I didn't I wouldn't have been so dumb and have had the chance to hurt you so much. But I did and I will never let myself live with that. But I am in love with you whether you believe me or not. And it sucks because even now after I constantly apologized and told you that I'm in love with you, you have yet to say it back or to explain why you are so upset when you are still married." Teri didn't know what else to say to make things right. The remaining alcohol in her system was gradually making her feel even worse about the whole situation.

"I-I don't believe you," Sherri wanted more than anything to just be happily in love with Teri. But after everything that happened she had so many doubts. "You just feel obligated, because you saw my husband hit me. I don't need any pity friends". Sherri was finally revealing some of her insecurities. "God Sherri! Sometimes I think that your hair is preventing anything from getting through to your brain. I was attracted to you the moment I stepped off of that elevator. I loved you from the moment you wrinkled your nose and laughed at me. I because of what happened with your husband I realized that I would do anything in the world to make sure you were safe. Hell, I lost the best friend I ever had for you! Pity is a ridiculous and useless trait. Though I may at times hurt for you I would never pity you."

Before anything else could be said there was urgent knocking at the door. "Teri! The phone!" It was Sean. "I'm busy right now!" "No. Teri it's the hospital. They are looking for you." Teri swung the door open and snatched the phone from Sean, who was looking at both Teri and Sherri's tear stained faces questionably.

Teri was thinking the worse praying that her kids were alright. "Hello, this is Teri...What?...What happened?...Is she alright?" Sherri and Sean had moved closer trying to gain more information from their one sided end. Suddenly Teri's eyes shot wide open and her breathing seemed to stop all together. Right before anyone could ask any questions she dropped to the floor and started sobbing. "Teri, Love, are you okay?" Sherr got down next to her in efforts to console her, fearing the absolute worse. Teri's entire body began to shake as she couldn't keep up with her breathing. Her face was in her hands and she couldn't control the tears. At this point Sherri was crying because it was so hard to see Teri so broken and she had no idea as to what to do.