Malec - The Break Up

After Magnus had told Alec to come get his stuff from the apartment, he was trying not to break down. He felt like his heart had been ripped out and he had to try and stitch it back up by hand. Alec could only think about what had happened for so long, otherwise he got sick. He managed to make his way about a block away from the Institute, which was on the way to Magnus's apartment. Alec was a block away, dragging his feet, head down, tears falling. His knees started wobbling and he suddenly felt light headed. He blinked and tried to stand, but he collapsed to the ground. He was freezing. He was on the ground looking at the sky, when he closed his eyes and passed out.

Magnus was at home when he got a text from Isabelle asking where her brother was. Magnus had left Alec over two hours ago and he should be home by now. He told that to Isabelle and she said she would tell him when he got home. After a little while, Magnus was starting to get worried. He knew he should not be worried, considering Alec was a Shadowhunter and he could take care of himself, but he felt worried, nonetheless. It had been about thirty minutes when Isabelle called him to tell him that she found Alec on the ground and she could not carry him home. She sounded extremely worried and Magnus gave in. He walked over to where Isabelle had told him they were and he saw Alec passed out on the ground looking like a broken toy. Magnus had tears in his eyes as he walked over and tried to wake Alec up. He woke him up enough to get him to Magnus's apartment. They put him on Magnus's bed. All of this was really awkward for Magnus because Isabelle did not know they were not together anymore. Alec woke up to find that he was in the familiar place of Magnus's bedroom. He thought about what had happened, then realized it must have been a terrible nightmare. It must have, he thought, but it all seemed too real for his liking. He looked over to find he was staring at beautiful slits of golden cat eyes. Magnus looked at him wearily and looked angry. Alec had tears prickling his eyes and he could see Magnus look Alec up and down. When Alec tried to sit up, all he could do was lay down, otherwise the pain was too much. He looked back at Magnus, who frowned.

"Don't try to move. You are hurt," Magnus said adding with a.

"Oh, don't remember that, do you? Yeah, after I walked away, you decided to pass out on the cold, wet, ground. Then, Izzy and I had to drag your ass over here," Magnus looked as if he was about to cry, and he looked at Alec, whose tears were already coming.

"I-" Alec started.

"You were angry and sad, I get it, but it was just as bad for me, Alexander, and guess what? I didn't hurt myself because I knew the consequences. I knew that you would have to worry even though you didn't want to!" Magnus had fat tears falling repeatedly, until he looked at his hands.

"Alexander... I- I still love you and you are being stupid! You need to understand that everyone has hard times and to get over it!" Magnus yelled looking enraged.Alec looked at the ground

"Well, maybe, Magnus, maybe I did it for a reason" Alec exclaimed trying to make eye contact with Magnus.

"I would love for you to explain your pain, Alexander," Magnus said with wet cheeks and red-rimmed eyes. He looked intently at Alec and Alec returned the look.

"Maybe the love of my life just ripped my heart out and stomped on it repeatedly until I couldn't move or speak," Alec paused with tears streaming down his cheeks, "And I- I just felt myself with the longing to die, right there, on the ground. This isn't what I wanted, you know. I didn't want to wake up. I wanted to never have to deal with this ever again."

Magnus looked angry and heartbroken at Alec, "See, that is exactly your problem! You don't want to deal with stuff. Well, guess what Alexander. Part of being an adult is dealing with your problems and not just leaving them behind," he paused and looked straight at Alec, "And.. I did have my reasons, and you know them as well as I do, Alexander. You tried to shorten my life! Without even telling me! Alexander, the whole point of being in a relationship with someone is telling them about this stuff. You can't lie to the person you love, otherwise..." he gestured to them, "This happens."