Ten

The morning sun shone from the clear blue sky as the birds flew in random directions. The weather wasn't too cold nor too hot. But what I liked about the weather this day was the strong wind. It was quite relaxing.

Yet this was just but another normal day.

In school, I saw Misty with her boyfriend, James, who had had a crush on Luna. Her arms were looped on his. Their hands and fingers locked as they walked together.

The happiness on James's face was noticeable, but so was the boredom on Misty's. Surely did James love Misty but I didn't think Misty really loved him. As far as I knew, she just said yes to him so that someone could protect her from all the girls she'd messed up with... every day.

But I'd admit, she was beautiful, too.

My type? Maybe. But the idea of us? I don't think so. But well, maybe.

I began walking to our classroom. The classes would start in five minutes and I did not want to be late.

I had reached the Rose building - which I should pass first before going to our room's building, Dandelion - where the mysterious guy spoke to me.

I stopped and breathed in, then out, examining the old two-floor building.

The windows were closed. The doors were locked. The peach paint was almost fading. This building had been standing here for almost fifteen years but was only used for five years because of the paranormal activities they were saying.

They said a student stabbed himself in the first building - the room on the left at the first floor. The second room, located beside the first room, was where a freshman student was raped and murdered. In the third room - the room on the second floor, left - was where a teacher fell for unknown reason. In fact, this building was called The Curse Building. I did not want to believe, though.

Stupidity.

I looked around and saw no one. Classes might have already started. So, I was late again? Crap.

I was already going to start walking when a hand suddenly held my left arm, making me turn back.

"Chester."

"Oh shit, Misty! I almost died! What do you need from me?!"

"I just want to say sorry for what happened few days ago in the canteen," she said apologetically.

I snorted at her words.

"Seriously?"

"I'm being serious. I say, sorry."

What? Was she expecting me to easily forgive her after all she had done for Luna when she was still alive? For almost ruining her reputation in school, for humiliating her in the crowd almost every day, for sending her hate letters in her locker, for bullying her and all?

"Forgive me," she pleaded.

I did not answer her for a while and silence was in between us. Then, I turned back.

"I might, one day. But that's when you can bring Luna back to me," I replied sarcastically and began walking.

But I stopped because of what I heard from Misty. Her words were clear - and powerful.

"Chester, I know how Luna died."

My heart started to beat fast.

S-H-I-T.

"Don't be stupid, Misty," I spoke and I ran away.