Fourteen

I had never seen Misty in a week after that. She did not attend classes. She did not go to school and take note: for a whole week. I did not know why.

I tried to ask James but he acted as if he did not care. It was as if she was not his girlfriend. He must know! Wasn't she texting him? Didn't they talk to each other?

I did not know why I was this concerned to her. After that kiss, my feelings towards her had changed - though she had been my crush before, and had Luna not entered my life, there could have been us. Misty and I.

My feelings for her came back suddenly - just with a kiss. A kiss.

It seemed strange, though. Misty had a boyfriend now. Why waste my time on her?

I loved Luna. I loved her. So much. Words couldn't explain. Words were not enough. She was more than a best friend to me. I liked her. I loved her. I wanted her to be with me but I did not want to put our friendship in vain. I knew that everything would change if I'd tell her my feelings.

Until one day, I couldn't keep it anymore; and the worst thing in my life had happened.

However, I had moved on. At least, I guess so. At least, I was trying to. She was dead. She wouldn't ever come back. She was gone.

No Luna.

No best friend.

No first love.

No Math tutor.

And that was all because of me.

Everyone was wondering why and how. Yet, here I was, knowing the truth behind all the mystery. Yet, here I was with my mouth shut. Yet, here I was, suffering with my own mistake.

The world was so cruel. The world was so unfair. The world was just but another cursed room excruciating people with extreme pains and deathly sorrows.

And how unfortunate I was to be inside it?

One day, I believe, the truth will unfold. That day, I swear to myself, that it would be the last day of my life.