Thirteen (B)

[Still Misty's PoV]

The class had been dismissed. Chester was still the only person in my mind.

Walking alone, I stopped at the bench in the street to let the time pass. After some minutes, I heard footsteps and checked where those were from.

I looked to my left and saw Chester. He was looking around. I did not know why. However, he looked crestfallen.

I wanted to approach him again but I thought he might just ignore me. I wanted to say sorry - for everything. I wanted to tell him I was lying. The truth was that I knew nothing about Luna's death.

I thought of something...

His number - yes, I had his number.

I pulled my phone from my pocket, hid behind the post beside the bench and texted him.

To: Chester;

From: Misty

Hi. Go home now. Don't stop in a street alone.

Then, I heard his phone rang from the distance.

From: Chester;

To: Misty

Who are you? Are you stalking me?

I giggled at his words as I read his text. I did not even know, myself, if I was stalking him or not. I did not replied to him. He started walking briskly, so I followed him until he got to their house.

I waited for a few minutes before texting him again.

From: Misty;

To: Chester

Want to know who I am?

-

From: Chester;

To: Misty

JUST TELL ME WHO THE F ARE YOU!

-

From: Misty;

To: Chester

Not ryt now.

-

From: Chester;

To: Misty

Stupid.

-

I slid my phone back to my pocket. I realized I was already in front of their house so I had no choice but not to back away. I must talk to him since I was already here.

I took a deep breath, and knocked three times against the door.

No one answered, so I knocked again, but this time was louder. I waited for seconds until the door opened. A woman stood in front of me. Her blonde hair fell smoothly on her shoulders. Her eyes were peaceful. I bet she was Chester's mother. Well, she was so beautiful. I could see his resemblance from her.

"Hi, who are you?" the woman asked.

"Hi, Ma'am. I'm Misty. I'm looking for Chester. Are you his mom?"

"Oh, yes. He's my son. Are you his classmates?"

"Uhm, yes. Can I talk to him, please?"

"Of course. I'll just call him. Come in," she said ushering me inside, to their sala, but I did not move a single step.

"No, thanks anyway. I'll just wait for him here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yah. Yes. Thank you."

She nodded, leaving the door ajar.

After a minute, the door opened. Chester was standing still, in front of me, expressionless.

He gave me a small smile but I did not smile back to him.

"What do you need?" he asked as th smile faded on his face.

"I... I just," I mumbled. I couldn't speak. Should I tell him?

"Hey what. Come on!"

"Sorry. I was t-the person who has been s-s-sending you messages," I answered bowing my head down.

"S-seriously??? That was so stupid. Why did you need to do that?"

"Sorry... Sorry if I ever made you feel nervous or something. And I am not just here for that. I want to say sorry for everything—"

"No," he cut. I could sense that he was getting irritated. I haven't even started. He needed to hear my side.

"I just wanted you to... uhm, it's because—"

"So you know everything about... L-Luna's d-death, too?" he demanded, changing the topic.

"Well... About that..." I spoke looking at his gorgeous eyes straightly.

"I witnessed every detail," I added, of course, that was a lie.

Shocked, he moved to me, as he quietly closed the door behind him, and asked, "Really?"

He looked serious - and cute. I took a single step forward, closer to him. Then I giggled, "Kidding."

He sighed and asked, "So, that's all you want to say?"

"Nope," I answered, "I want to tell you that.... I want you to notice me. I want your attention. That's what I told you I knew how she died. That's why I stalked you. I texted you and all." I paused.

I couldn't keep it anymore. He was standing in front of me. He was beautiful. I wanted him to know my feelings for him. This time, there was no Luna to stop me from doing this. Chester was all mine.

Mine.

"Chester... I'm in love with you," I whispered and moved myself closer to him, lifting myself up to reach his lips.

Our lips touched each other. It felt like a paradise. I closed my eyes and kissed him more.

He did not kiss me back, neither did he pulled himself away. He just let me kiss him. Maybe, he liked it, too. Or maybe, he was just surprised.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, almost giving him a hug.

For the very first time, I was kissing the boy I had loved.

Closer I moved. Harder I kissed him.

And I felt like I was in cloud nine when he kissed me back.

Oh god! This time, it wasn't a dream anymore - it was REAL.

I could feel it. I could see it.