Fun at: Shantivan!

Khushi POV
Currently I am resting in Arnavji's room. And the best part about being here is that his entire family is so lively and fun to be around. Initially when I was awake I felt a bit uneasy about being in a strange place, surrounded by unknown people. But gradually all of them made me super comfortable.
Anjaliji, Naniji and Mamiji became such good friends that I did not want to leave their house at all. However, I did not want to overstay my welcome. Henceforth, Jeeji and I decided that we will tell the Raizada family about us leaving in pretty soon. It is not right to take advantage of their hospitality.
On the contrary, when I mentioned this fact to the family, all of them turned into a gloomy mess.
"HHBB why is it neccesary to leave Khushi bitiya.." Mamiji exclaimed.
"Yes..as it is your wound needs to heal. It is not good to leave in such a condition." Naniji advised.
"And we are having so much fun...listening to your Lucknow stories." Anjaliji pleaded.

But it was Arnavji, whose words made me stop.
"Dont even think about leaving Khushi Kumari Gupta. You are not alright. The doctor said complete rest for 2 days. And I know what is going on in your mind. No one here thinks that you are being a problem for us. So give up on those ridiculous thoughts. And as far as, your family is concerned. Payal and Nani have informed them about your situation. Nani has assured your Buaji, that we will take care of you till you are completely recovered. Now drink your tea."  Saying that he continued reading his newspaper again.

Strangely the entire family kept glancing the two us for a minute. And then I could see Anjaliji and Naniji smirking at one another. I blushed looking at their teasing expressions. I have to speak about this to Arnavji. His family is supposed to get Jeeji and Akaashji together. His words might have given them a wrong indication. Dhak Dhak..Dhak Dhak... DM what is the name of this unknown feeling?And why did I feel a sense of joy hearing such words of care from him?

Arnav POV
A sense of pride washed over me watching my Khushi lying in my room on my bed. She looked at ease while talking to my family. It thrilled me to infinity. This is her future family after all. Even though seeing her all bandaged up killed me to no extent still I smiled in content in the knowledge of her safe, secure and close to me.
On the other hand, Akaash was going all gaga over his Payalji. He tried to find different ways to talk to her. At one time I spotted him in the kitchen helping Payal in making turmeric milk for Khushi. Hahaha.

Time passed quickly and soon it was night time. Everyone retired to their rooms. Di suggested me to shift to the guestroom. And I wholeheartedly agreed. Payal will be sleeping with Khushi to take care of her. When I went to my room get my stuff, Khushi was not in her bed. Crap! Where is she? Washroom....? No the light was switched off. I ran to the poolside only to sigh in relief when I saw her standing and watching the water keenly.

"Khushi what are you doing here. And why are you standing. Take rest damn it!!! Are you listening to me Khushi? I am talking to you?" I was about to grab her shoulders when she turned around.
"Arnavji...everything got messed up again...what will we do now?" She asked cutely.
"What is wrong now dear?" This time I did not loose my cool. I knew this girl well now.
"Arnavji..I think we unknowing made Anjaliji and Naniji suspicious about us. We planned to unite Jeeji and Akaashji right? But both the ladies think that we are interested in one another." She practically shouted in my ears.
"Oh really Khushi? Is that so? How can you say that?" I smirked at her.
"Because I saw them staring at us and then smiling secretively at each other. Now your family will also assume we are engaged. That is the only thing left to add on to the pile of our problems. Their concern in this matter is useless." She said. Her doe like eyes getting wide with every word.

I started walking towards her and slowly minimized to the distance between us. She got nervous and moved back with each step of mine. We played this game for a while till her back touched the wall. I trapped her with both my arms. And her expressions turned to my favourite ones. That 'O' shaped mouth teasing me to no end.
"What are you doing? What if someone comes and assumes something wrong? As it is we are in a big problem. Are you listening to me? Arnavji...arn....wh...what....ar...are..you...doing?" She again turned to my tomato like Khushi.
"Why do you get so flustered if some mentions or indicates about us being together? We are just friends right? Then why does the thought of getting engaged to me makes you all red Khushi Kumari Gupta? Your eyes are shut. Your breathing is shallow. And if I am not wrong then your heartbeats are escalated right now. Why is that Khushi?" I asked her.
I took a step back from her. When she realized this...she opened her eyes at looked at me all bewildered. I looked down towards my gift that adorned her wrists. I caressed her bangles and left the poolside.

But my crazy girl had other plans. She always need to have the last word.
"Yeah so. What is the problem? And I dont get flustered Mr. Raizada. This is just acidity. A little bit of Dhak Dhak and breathlessness happens in it. Dont you watch TV commercials. All I need is a little bit of ENO and things will be fine. It is very quick too. In 6 seconds acidity gone. Dont think that I get bothered by hearing the talks of our engagement. I am already commited to Salmanji. Dont get any ideas. Have you even seens his six pack abs? Or his lean muscles. Huh." I turned around getting all angry. And she just blew air over her fringes with hands on her hips.
God this Salman Khan. What is all the hype about him? 6 packs? Leanness? Ughhh!!!! How can she evev think about any other guy like that.

I was about to give her an earful when Payal walked inside my room. Damn it. Wrong timing sister in law. Actually dual sister in law. I quickly grabbed my pillow and linen and left the room to sleep in the guest room.

Khushi POV
Even though I managed to come up with a lame excuse of acidity, his words rang in my ears. Because whatever he said was the truth. I do get flustered in his proximity. I feel weird when anyone talks about us being together. I turn all red when he mentions anything about the engagement. And today when he trapped me between the wall and his broad arms, I went numb. Have I started having feelings for Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada? DEVI MAIYYA?!!?

"Khushi come on lets sleep. Anjaliji has given me these night dresses to wear. First you change then I will too. Ok."
I noded with blank expressions and walked towards the bathroom.

Next morning at the breakfast table everyone was having food. But my mind kept going back to Arnavji. He did not join us today. I wanted to ask Anjaliji, but stopped thinking that she might again take things the wrong way.
Once we were done Naniji suggested me to go back to my room to rest and recover. I walked upstairs sulkily. I wanted to talk to Arnavji. Is he still angry with me. But why am I feeling so restless? DM this feeling is going to kill me one day. And I know you are enjoying this a lot. No no. I will get rid of this feeling asap. I will go to the guest room and apologize simple. However, before that I quickly got the gift I had planned to give him earlier. It was still lying in my jhola.

A few minutes later, I took a U-turn and rushed inside the guest room. In my urgency I totally forgot to look up and dashed in speed only to bump into him and loose my balance. But Arnavji managed to stop my fall and snaked his arms around my waist to keep me steady.
Both of us looked at each other. And for once I could not take away my eyes from him. Time stopped and stilled. But then I remembered what I had to do.
"Arnavji listen. I am sorry for making you angry yesterday. I just wanted to give you an answer for making me red with your words. Why did you not come for breakfast. I am your friend right then why are you upset with your friend. Arnavji please say something?" I felt so aweful right now.
"Khushi I...I am not upset with you. Believe me. It was just a silly arguement. Yes I felt a little bit angry, but not with you. Never Khushi. You are very special for me Khushi. How can I be upset with you huh?"
One of his arms left my waist and rested on my cheek. I realized I had tears in my eyes. He wiped them for me.

It was then that I came back to the real world and took in what position we both were in. I looked at him with wide eyes and he mirrored my looks as well.
Devi Maiyya...DHAK DHAK again...does this mean that I..I am falling in....with ARNAVJI?!?