This is more than Friendship!

Khushi POV
Arnavji let me go when he realized how awkward I was feeling all of a sudden. But when he put a distance between us my heart ached for his touch and comfort.
"Khushi are you alright?" He asked me.
"Yeah..yeah I am fine." I said softly.
"Believe me Khushi I am not upset with you. I got up late today, hence did not come for breakfast. I was in a rush to get ready for office. Thats it. I wont miss breakfast ever again around you. Ok?" He tried to assure me.
"Yes." I almost whispered.

What is wrong with you Khushi Kumari Gupta? Your voice is barely audible. This is against your baritone rules. Ugghhh. This man makes me melt like butter with his words. Abort. Abort. Dont think about that. Focus. Remember you came to give him his gift. Oh yes. His gift.
"Uhhh. Arnavji. I have something for you." I informed him.
"For me?" He asked in a surprising tone.
"Yeah. Actually I wanted you to have this..." my voice trailed as I opened my fist. My palm held my special locket. It had so many memories attached to it.
"What is this Khushi..?" Arnavji questioned me.
"This was my Babuji's locket. Arnavji there is something about me that I have not told you. My Jeeji is my cousin. And my Amma is actually my Maasi. Amma & Babuji adopted me when my biological parents passed away in a car accident. I was only 8 years old. This is very special to me. My Babuji's name was Avinash and hence the A letter locket. This is not made of gold or diamond. Just mere silver. But I have kept it safe for very long. Arnavji you gifted me those bangles and today I want to give this...to you." My voice breaking with every word.

"Khushi...I...I dont know...what to say. But how can you I keep this Khushi. This is your Babuji's. It is a significant part of your memories. And you are gifting this to me? Why? I just feel I dont deserve this. And this is a priceless possession dear...it is worth more than any diamond in this world. I am not disrespecting your gesture. I feel honored. But are you sure?" Arnavji asked me again.
I nodded looking at his honest eyes.
"Alright Khushi. This is a very special gift. And I will always keep it safe. Promise. But I want you to put it on me. Will you?" He asked with so much affection that I simply held it up and tied it around his neck. Being so close to him....was having strange efffects on me.

"Thank you. And I am really sorry to hear about your parents." he said in a sad tone.
I just gave him half a smile and walked out of his room.

Arnav POV
Khushi has no idea what she did right now. She practically claimed me as her own. Branding me with her family possession. And here I was trying to gain her affections. She has feelings for me. That is crystal clear. I touched the locket and closed my eyes. Babuji...give your future son in law your blessings. I will always keep Khushi safe and happy. I give you my word.

I left for office but the entire day my mind kept going back to the moments I spent with Khushi this morning. The way she lost her balance...the way she rushed towards me in panic that I was somehow upset with her. She wanted me to be around her. And she gifted me the most expensive thing in this world. She gave me her love unknowingly today.

"Sir that is all for now...do you have any suggestions? Or should we go ahead with the proposal...?" Amans voice rang in my ears.
"No...I cannot go ahead. Not yet. I have not even uttered I Love You to Khushi. It is too soon for proposal right now. I need time to convince her..." I said in reflex without realizing that I was in the middle of an important board meeting.
And suddenly I heard Akaash and Aman laughing loudly like hyenas.
That brought me back. And I felt horrified looking at my staff right now.
"...uhhh...excuse me everyone...I..I just..." and I ran away quickly leaving a laughing Akaash and Aman on the floor.
Crap...what the hell?!! Khushi Kumari Gupta...gone are my days of being ASR..ugghhh.

Khushi POV
I was supposed to make plans for getting Jeeji and Akaashji together. And look what am I doing? Drooling over Arnavji's words and memories. As soon as he comes back from his office today I will discuss about getting their love story on track. Yeah that is it. Perfect.

A few hours later it was evening. I was resting in Arnavji's room. While Payal Jeeji was bugging me about leaving tomorrow for Buaji's house.
"Khushi listen. We will stay here only till tomorrow morning. Then we will go back to Buaji's place. We should not stay here for too long. It is not good. And till how long we will occupy Arnavjis room huh? As it is day after tomorrow it is Teej festival. We need to do lots of preparations. Right?" Jeeji explained.
Teej. Teej festival! Thats it. Got it. This is the perfect opportunity. I will ask Arnavji and Akaashji to come to the big temple where we go for Teej prayers. And then Akaashji will get his chance to spend time with Jeeji. Awesome. Wow Khushi...you are the best huh.
"Ofcourse Jeeji. You are absolutely right. Teej is round the corner. So much preparations to be done. We will leave tomorrow morning after breakfast okay?" I asked and as expected she nodded and went downstairs to get me some milk.

Soon it was dinner time. Arnavji was back from his office. We were all having our dinner. And I saw him gesturing to the table and then to himself. I know he was trying to say that see I am here eating with you..happy. I nodded happyily. Now it was time to set my plans in motion. I hit Jeeji's foot lightly trying to remind her about telling everyone about us leaving. She got it and started speaking...
"Naniji, we would like to leave tomorrow morning. As it is Teej is round the corner and we need to help Buaji in the preparations. I hope you dont mind. We loved staying here with you. But now we have to make a move pretty soon."
"Okay bitiya. I wish you could stay for longer. Both you girls are very nice and kind. Fine you may go tomorrow okay." Naniji replied.
But out of the corner of my eyes I saw Arnavji glaring at me. Uh oh maybe he did not understand that I why I am doing this. I will talk to him before sleeping and discuss my plans. Bless us DM.

Arnav POV
What the!!! How can she leave so soon? She did not even inform you. Khushi you are not allowed to take unilateral decisions like these. Without discussing anything with me...how could you...? I need to have a word with this crazy soul.

Once everyone retired to their room post dinner, I quickly walked to my room and stood at the poolside waiting for my siren.
Her footstep adorned with anklets were easily recognizable anywhere.
Whe she came close to the sliding doors of the poolside I pulled her wrist and dragged her to the poolside. She panicked for a second but then sighed in relief realizing it was me.
"Oho Arnavji. You scared me. What happened? Why did you suddenly pull me like that?" She asked in slight anger.
"Really Khushi? You dont know why I did it? Tell me dear..when were you planning to inform me about your departure? Tomorrow morning. What is the need to leave so urgently. You still need rest...and I wont allow.." she interrupted me in mid sentence.
"Arnavji. Doctor said clearly that 2 days are enough for rest. And as far as leaving without informing you is concerned I was about to come to meet you in your room. How can we forget about Jeeji and Akaashji? We need to work as a team remember? So I came up with this idea that on the day of Teej you can come with your brother to the big temple in Chandni Chowk. Me and Jeeji will be there for prayers. And in this way Akaashji can spend time with Jeeji. See my idea is great right?" She asked lifting her eyebrows.

"Fine. You are allowed to leave. But dont take too much stress. And I promise that all 4 of us will meet on Teej. And another thing...I want an answer Khushi. You take time till Teej. But I want an honest answer to my question?" I said huskily.
"What...question..Ar..Arnavji?" She started stuttering as usual.
"The reason why you gifted me your  most important possession is only friendship...or are we more than friends?" I asked her and kissed her forehead. She gasped and gaped at me with an open mouth.
"I will wait for your answer Khushi Kumari Gupta. See you on Teej. Goodnight." And with that I casually walked out of my room.