Chapter 18

Vlad's POV:

Ever since Vlad taught Elizabeth what Christmas was all about and what normally happened on Christmas Eve, it was her favorite time of the year. She would always be in such a cheery mood too, which was relieving. She would always want to help bake cookies with Mr. Martinez, make Christmas cards with Molly, and put on a Christmas pageant with the nanny.

What would she do with him? Well, she would normally ask him to read her 'The Night Before Christmas' on Christmas Eve. Though that was the only thing he did with her to celebrate Christmas, he didn't mind much; he was very busy during the holidays anyway, so he couldn't be there all the time with her.

At the moment, though, he had a little free-time on his hands, which was odd considering it was only the twenty-third of December. Oh well. He would take as much free-time as he could get.

The door to his study creaked open, and he glanced from the book he was reading to see little Elizabeth peeking her head in.

"Daddy!" she whisper-yelled, making him smirk in amusement, "May I come in?"

He chuckled. "Yes!" he whisper-yelled back.

She grinned and hurried over to him, the bells on what appeared to be an elf costume jingling in protest to her running. She climbed onto the couch and hopped onto his lap when he set his book aside. He grunted as soon as she plopped down on top of his lap but smiled when she giggled.

"Guess what?" she enthusiastically asked, a grin stretched across her face.

"What?" he asked, feeling somewhat curious yet a little worried that she had done something she thought was funny but that he disapproved of.

"Molly made me this!" She stretched her arms out, showing off her elf uniform.

He smirked. "Made you what?" He reached up and pointed to her right cheek. "The frosting on your cheek?"

She widened her eyes in surprise then pursed her lips in confusion as she reached up and touched her cheek. Once her tiny fingertips slid up to touch the white creamy frosting, she slid it off and glanced down at her now frosting-covered hands.

What she did next absolutely surprised him; a small smirk slowly tugged at her lips, causing him to raise a skeptical brow, yet purse his lips in concern; was this a sign she was starting to act like him? If it was, he hoped it wouldn't last long.

He flinched then, out of instinct, caught her wrist when she tried to smear white frosting all over his cheek. He gaped in surprise for a moment then smirked when she giggled uncontrollably and tried to pry her wrist out of his hold. "Did you just attempt to smear frosting all over my face, Elizabeth?"

_____________

Elizabeth's POV:

Elizabeth giggled louder at his accusation then tried to stand up but was pulled back down by her father. He wrapped his arms tightly around her in a bear hug, unknowingly giving her the opportunity to smear the frosting she was holding onto his suit. Before she could reach her target though, his fingers squeezed her sides, making her squeal then accidentally smear the frosting all over the back of his neck.

He flinched in response to the cold frosting, and she gaped, afraid of what he might do to her for doing that. He would probably ground her for it or take away one of her Christmas presents, which she desperately hoped he wouldn't do.

It was just a fun game though so maybe he wouldn't do any of those things? After all, he had to know it was an accident and that it was his fault! He was the one that tickled her and caused her to involuntarily smear it on the back of his neck! She wouldn't of done that; she knew she would have gotten in trouble.