Chapter 26

Vlad's POV:

Plasmius flew into his lair, satisfied with tonight's heist. Now, for an ordinary man, the task to rob Clement's bank would have been difficult; perhaps even impossible. But, for Vlad Plasmius, it was the most effortless heist he ever committed! Thanks to his continuous training and enlarged intellect, he was the sneakiest, most ruthless, cunning, and successful robber in all of Wisconsin!

He landed gracefully down on the floor before he strolled over to the nearest examination table and set his bag down. He smirked, already knowing how much the stolen items were worth, and nodded once, satisfied.

He picked up a diamond necklace, reminding him of the one he bought Elizabeth for her twelfth birthday. She claimed to love it, but he had never seen her wear it. Not even once. He frowned and set the necklace down, remembering all of the other birthday and Christmas gifts he bought her that she claimed to love but had never actually worn or used.

As much as he didn't like to think about it, the aggravating thought that Elizabeth still didn't trust him resurfaced. She didn't seem to want anything to do with him anymore. She didn't even want to go to a movie premiere which he knew was what she loved to do just because the possibility of meeting her favorite actors were high; he never would forget the awestruck look on her face when she met Toby Maguire, also known as Spiderman, at a movie premiere. Yet, now, she didn't want to do anything with him.

A solemn frown settled on his lips as he transformed back into Vlad Masters then ascended the stairway leading to his study. Perhaps he should return to sell his merchandise once the long and torturous thoughts had dissipated.

Once his hideout closed behind him, he walked over to the doors of his study but halted in his path when he heard the door creak open. He rose a curious brow then widened his eyes in surprise to see Elizabeth standing in the doorway. His mouth gaped slightly as he took in her appearance, still surprised to see how much she had changed even though he had seen her dress in that style a numerous amount of times during dinner. Her jet black wavy hair fell over her shoulders as she waltzed in, the heels from her black boots clicking against the wooden floor. Her black and neatly pressed jeans hid her boots well, and fit snug around her small curved waist. Trailing his eyes upward, he sighed in disapproval as he made out the black leather jacket over the nice dark blue blouse. Next, he noticed the semi-dark eyeliner, the popping red lipstick and the powder plastered on her already beautiful face which, to him, made her look somewhat like her friend Susan; someone he didn't exactly want around his daughter anymore. He frowned at the dark blue highlighted tips colored in her hair which, along with her use of makeup, seemed to give her a bit of an edgy look. Gosh, he wished he didn't see that in her.

What in the world happened to his little princess who loved to play dress up in ridiculous outfits and not care for unnecessary items such as makeup? The one that loved it when he read to her at night? The one that would sleep in his bed when she had a nightmare and didn't want to be alone so the 'monsters' wouldn't get her? What happened to the little girl he once knew? Why did she have to grow up and become a teenager?

Her hair swayed to a stop as she stopped in the middle of the room, halfway away from him which caused him to return his attention to her. "Dad," she started, her voice unfortunately no longer squeaky but older, "I'm leaving."

He narrowed his eyes, skeptical. "And where exactly are you going?" he questioned.

"I'm going camping-" She crossed her arms. "-with Susan."

He scoffed; of course it was with Susan. Everything she did was with Susan. She wouldn't go anywhere unless Susan would be there. It was so annoying. "Didn't you just have a sleepover with Susan last weekend?" he asked, already knowing the answer.