Chapter 32

Elizabeth's POV:

Cold.

Afraid.

Alone.

Dark.

All four words were what described Elizabeth Masters. Cold, like the winter season. Fear swirled inside of her, like a blizzard. Alone, like a dark and dreary storm in the mountains. Finally, the masked, yet engulfing, Darkness surrounding her.

She couldn't feel anything else.

Well, that wasn't entirely true. What she felt already, forced her to feel a sense of hopelessness. It filled her core as she floated in the unending Dark, unseeing whatever lay hidden inside. She couldn't break away from these feelings that forced her deeper into it.

She was lost.

Her hand continued to reach upward into the unforgiving black as if it was reaching for anything that could pull her out of it. Just as it always felt, there was nothing there. Her fingertips would never encircle and grasp onto anything that could save her. Not even a person.

No one would come.

There was nothing she could do. She couldn't save herself, not this time. Her powers would never be in her control again, and she would never be free from the prison she would forever remain trapped in.

"Give up," hushed voices echoed around her.

A single tear slid down her cheek as she lowered her hand and let it float beside her. There was no point in fighting. Her fate was sealed ever since the day she walked into that machine. No one would save her, no one would change her future, and neither could she. Why?

Because she was already gone.

Elizabeth gasped and sat up from her bed, panting, and frantically looked around the room. Her heart pounded against her chest then a silent breath of relief escaped her as soon as she registered she was still in her bedroom. "It was just a nightmare," she muttered then laid back down and pulled her covers up to her chest. "Only a nightmare."

That was the fifth time she had that same exact nightmare, and she wasn't sure where it came from. Not to mention, she had no idea what it signified. What was so important about her floating in the middle of darkness and feeling utterly miserable? Why was she unhappy in it? Why did it feel like she was there?

The teen girl sighed and turned over to lay on her side. She didn't know, and she wasn't sure if she needed to know. It was only a dream after all. None of it was real, and it wasn't ever going to become a reality, so there was no point in worrying about it. Besides, no one and nothing could put her in that miserable, yet submissive, state.

Right?

__________

Elizabeth's POV:

Have you ever felt like you wanted to disappear but couldn't? Elizabeth used to feel like that all of the time, especially when she had Mr. Roth as a teacher. He was highly intelligent, but intelligence could sometimes create a monster in a person. For example, Mr. Roth had an arrogant personality which meant he thought he was better than everyone else! He would make his students feel like disappointments, especially when someone asked a simple question on that week's lesson. Every student was doomed when he was their teacher.

It was brutal being in his class for one year, but it was torture when you were unintentionally forced to take his class for four years. The teen girl never planned on having him for another year, but the Universe decided otherwise. She thought she was rid of him when she decided to replace History class with an elective, but then he switched to teaching English. When she found out he was going to be her teacher for another year, she wanted to turn invisible and disappear forever, but the Universe decided she couldn't do that by taking away her control of her abilities.