Chapter 19

Hey, beautiful people! I just wanted to warn you that there is overload of fluff in this chapter! XD Possibly some OOC. *shrugs* I don't know. You all decide. :) I hope you enjoy and let me know if you think I made Vlad a little OOC. Thanks! :)

______________

Vlad's POV:

He couldn't believe it. There, standing at his front door, was none other than Jack Fenton himself. He didn't invite him over, never received a call or email that he wanted to come over, and never implied that he wanted him over. So what in the blazes was he doing there?

The big goof grinned down at him and outstretched his arms. "Vladdy!" he exclaimed then lunged forward and threw his arms around him, much to Vlad's irritation, "It's good to see you again!"

He growled and pushed Jack away from him. "Jack, what in the world are you doing here?" he questioned, clenching his fists at his sides and scowling at the overweight man.

"Came to visit, Vladdy." He pointed a thumb over his shoulder. "Maddie and I thought we would surprise you for the holidays."

As quick as his scowl appeared, it disappeared at the mention of his true love. "Maddie? She's here?"

"Yeah, she's getting the kids out of the car." He pursed his lips then, opened his mouth to say something but closed it in hesitation, then finally pointed to the half-ghosts attire. "By the way, were you sleeping still?"

Vlad looked down at his pajamas, feeling too underdressed for Maddie's visit. He would have to change before Maddie saw him like this! She probably wouldn't care what he wore, but he still should change into something more suitable. "Yes, most people like to sleep past six, Jack," he stated, even more annoyed with Jack and his lack of perception of what time it was in the morning, and crossed his arms.

"Six in the morning?" He lifted up his wrist, checking his wristwatch. "My watch says it's nine o'clock."

Vlad glanced down at the fool's watch, only to scoff. "Jack, your wristwatch is upside down."

He smiled sheepishly then rubbed the back of his neck. "Gosh, Vladdy, I'm sorry. I thought it was later."

Before he could respond with an insult that Jack wouldn't be able to understand, he glanced down in surprise when something tugged on one of his pant legs. There, slightly hiding behind his leg, was his daughter. She clutched onto the silky fabric of his pants and peered a little past his leg to stare up at their uninvited guest. "Elizabeth," he scolded, disappointed she disobeyed him, "I thought I told you to wait upstairs."

"Aw," Jack cooed and knelt down to be at eye-level with her, making her hide even further behind his leg, "is this who I think she is?"

Vlad placed a gentle hand on Elizabeth's head, preventing her from moving any farther behind him. "Yes, this is my daughter Elizabeth."

"Hello, Elizabeth." He grinned then pointed to himself. "I'm Jack Fenton. Your dad and I were best friends in college."

"'Were' is the keyword," he muttered under his breath, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Did you say something, Vladdy?"

"Oh, it's just that she's a bit shy when it comes to meeting strangers, isn't that right, sweetheart?"

She glanced up at him and blinked in confusion before nodding, pleasing him that she would play along to cover up his lie.

"Aw, it's alright, Elizabeth." Jack smiled gently as his eyes softened. "I'm not a scary guy."