Chapter Fifty-Two

Singing arose to the rafters as the all boy choir started. Their high pitched voice bounced off the old stone, climbing until it had nowhere to go but echo back down. The mixture of voice filled the cathedral and the humans inside. Besides the singing voices, it was immense silence. The hardest part was done, but all of threatened to crack Meredith's chest.

Walking up behind her, Kyra handed Meredith her purple flowers. Members from both sides of the family followed, such as Harry's parents and Meredith's father. William and Catherine came too, as the small room behind the heading of the cathedral was filled for person blessings upon the newly wed couple.

From outside the small room, the orchestra had played to entertain the guests inside the church. It felt long as Meredith was yet unable to speak to Harry. As the archbishop in front of her began to speak, as did the choir behind her begin to sing. Whatever sound she accidentally made was all drown out by the numerous voices echoing.

"Let this marriage be blessed," the archbishop called to the heavens. When his eyes came back down, he led both sides of the family out of the back room as Meredith and Harry were left alone with a lawyer. Silence grew in the back room as everyone filed out. The door creaked shut behind them, and then a pound fluttered.

Harry turned to Meredith with a sideways grin.

"You look happy," she said.

"I am beyond happy," Harry murmured. His fingers ran across her skin. Wishing to kiss her now, he knew it wasn't the right time. "Are you okay?"

"The dress is a bit tight and hot."

He chuckled. "Is it time for the church to invest in air conditioning?"

"Now that would've been pleasant, husband."

Harry winked. "Not yet."

A lawyer stepped forward, holding out the agreed upon prenup and then the legal documents for the marriage. "Your highness."

Leaning down first, Harry signed his full name and title on the lines required, as well as his initials. When he was done, he straightened. "Last chance, Mere."

"I'm not going anywhere." Meredith took the pen and signed her name. Thankfully she did not sign the title yet, not knowing how, and her initials were easier. Her green eyes skimmed over the paper one last time, but now her permanent mark was upon it. She straightened and handed the pen back.

Harry gripped her hand again as they turned and waited for the sign. Meredith shivered in her dress, and he squeezed her hand. She smiled over at him. Her heart pounded, and even if there were words to be spoken, she didn't heart them. The rest of her body tingled with anticipation, and the world around them quieted.

Then with the swell of seven trumpets in a triumphant fashion, a drum roll began. Only announced musically, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor walked out from the christened back room. More musics joined the orchestra to make a fairy tale happy ending.

Walking down the several red carpeted steps, Harry took Meredith left, and the young officially married couple paused. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor stood in front of the Queen. Meredith went into a deep curtsy, dress pulled out to the side, as Harry did a head bow. The Queen, in response, only nodded her head back to them, a smile on her face.

Leading her away from his granny, Harry and Meredith started the long trek down the red carpet with all eyes on them. Standing, the enormous crowd, many people coming front different parts of the world, watched them carefully. Harry smiled, ever so often looking at his now wife, and Meredith tried to relax. She wanted to go faster, and Harry kept a nice beat.