-Seven-

Physics class with Mr. Philip Dawson came as a rather unpleasant surprise. "Emma, take one and pass this on" he instructed, handing over a bunch of papers to the girl sitting right in front of him. "What is it?" murmurs started spreading all around the class. "Just so that you are aware, your tests start in a weeks time" he announced giving rise to more indistinct chatter. "Quiet now!" he commanded and started with his teaching.

"I have to start studying!" Ace hurried home after school. "Just a week!" Mel exclaimed. "I always end up studying one day before the exam" I said. "Yeah sure and that's how you end up getting more marks than us?" Kamille asked in disbelief. "Hey, if you don't believe me, ask Lisa" I defended myself. "Yeah she does prepare one day before the test. Trust me, I have been asking myself that question on how she does it for a long time now" Lisa said in a bored tone.
x-x

"Can I come over?" Theo asked me on a study leave. "Of course you can" I told him after which he arrived in 10 minutes. "Any problems?" I asked him as he scanned the house behind me. "What's the matter?" I asked him out of concern. "Nope, nothing" he said looking back at me. "You do know about the dance right?" he asked me. "What dance?" I questioned with genuine interest. "You don't know!?" he exclaimed. "Ser, the news is all over the school by now! There's going to be a dance after our exams and before the holidays" he informed me with a face that expressed the fact that me not knowing about the dance was a crime.

"Tell me more" I told him as I sat on the couch with him doing the same. "It's a dance, more like a prom where you have to ask someone out..." he went on, pausing only to lean forward and pick up a cushion to place it behind his back. "Sounds great! First prom!" I looked at him excitedly. "Yeah... it is great but don't you think asking someone out is the hard part?" he fidgeted with the cushion, placing it on his lap to rest his elbows. "Maybe it is... no hands on experience here" I smiled. "Uh huh" he looked nervous.

"What's wrong Thor? Anything upsetting you? Whom do you wanna ask out?" I smirked while I asked the last question. "Don't smile like that!" he added before leaning in close to speak to me. "Thor your eyes look magnificent" I smiled  mischievously looking at his bright green eyes that looked even more beautiful when nervous. "Don't get off topic" he said closing his eyes. "I don't know how to ask her out, I don't know what she thinks of me" he muttered under his breath. "Come on, let it out" I took a deep breath. "Liz" he whispered to me.

"You serious!" I laughed at him. "You like Liz!" I laughed even more. "Why what's wrong with that" he asked angrily, trying to keep his voice low. "Nothing, I was just thinking of the coincidence when you said you prefer asking a girl out who has had a forever crush on you" I said and immediately realized that I had made a mistake. "Shouldn't have told you that" I brushed some hair away from my face.

Theo was happy, startled, confused, all at the same time. "Why didn't you tell me that before?" he smiled and hugged me. "Oh handle yourself, you know how Liz is" I poked his arm. "Yeah she's stupid but she's fun" he grinned like an idiot. "Don't tell her that I told you" I warned him. "I won't, Miss" he got up to leave. "And don't worry, you will always remain my best friend" he smiled and mock saluted me with his fingers. "Yes alright, now let me study" I shooed him out of the house, smiling to myself on how dumbstruck people get, when in love.
x-x

After two weeks, exams finally came to an end, granting all students the temporary freedom they had wished for. Arrangements for the dance had begun, leaving everyone in a question of whom to go with. Ace and Melanie were going together, just as everyone had thought. The surprise was brought in by Howard. I found him concentrating hard on the posters that were put up for the event. "Howard you know the posters aren't going to levitate however hard you try to stare and concentrate" I laughed patting him on his back. "Ser, you know that's not what I am doing" he smiled. It was miraculous how most of the boys in the school had suddenly turned bashful and nervous thinking about the dance.