-Twenty three-

I was sitting in the back seat of the open top rental jeep that Ace was driving to get us to the camping site where we all had agreed to meet. The wind felt great through my hair and even as every blow tangled my hair further, I didn't mind the bird's nest look as long as no one disturbed my time with my thoughts.

I should say my personalised space was short lived as everyone decided to sing when we approached Dan's place.

"Guys, this jeep isn't closed or covered or anything, it's open, it will attract people's attention" I tried explaining. "Cut the talk, we are here to have fun" Kam said and grabbed the book I was reading from my hands. "Hey! I don't know.." I protested. "Page thirty nine" she silenced me and stuffed the book in my bag.

Dan was going to come in his own car since he had to fit a tent, food, clothes and other stuff needed for overnight camping. We had to stop for a while at his place so that we made sure he came the right way and followed our jeep.

"Heyyo, what's up?" Howard waved to Dan as he spotted him leaning on a car. "Hey! It's a great day" Dan smiled and I hopped off the jeep as everyone got down to take a stretch break from our sitting positions.

"So in case you guys have a lot of things in the vehicle, I can accommodate one person in the car" Dan offered and Lisa wasn't one bit late in pushing me forward. "Yeah, Serena will come with you, she was reading a book anyways" Lisa smirked but I didn't complain. "That's totally fine by me" I smiled and stood at Dan's side.

"Okay so we'll start off, you try following close behind" Ace instructed and put the key in the ignition. "So where's the car?" I asked Dan. "You're leaning on it" he replied, amused by my question. "Oh" I said goofily and turned to get a look.

"Like it? It's the new car I was talking about when we drove to that club" he was smiling when he opened the door for me. "Like it? I freakin love it, it's awesome!" I stared and got in slowly, sliding my hand across it's body. It was yellow from outside and the interiors were beyond beautiful.

The back seats were filled with camping bags but the car felt welcoming. "You ready?" Dan asked before starting the car. "Yes" I said after strapping my seatbelt across my chest.

He pressed his foot on the accelerator pedal and the sweet sound of the engine sped us on the road. That wasn't it, he slowly got the roof of the convertible all down to intensify the ride.

"I can see it's not that hard catching up with Ace" I said, looking out of the car and enjoying the drive. "I'm glad you're glad" he had a lopsided smile. "Why that face?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"You aren't reading that book you were reading" he said. "I got bored" I said quickly. "Or did you find something more interesting?" he pulled his shades down his nose and gave a wink with his blue gray orbs.

"Are you trying to imply..." I said. "Maybe yes" he continued staring down the road as he drove. "You don't even know the rest of my sentence, I didn't complete" I raised my eyebrows. "But I know exactly what you mean" he smiled.

"Okay I prefer talking to you over reading" I accepted, anything to silence him over that conversation and what it may lead to.

"Knew it" he said and accelerated until we could see the jeep ahead of us, with one car in between. "Ace knows where he's going right?" Dan asked reluctantly. "Yes, he's been there before" I said while fishing my sunglasses from my bag to avoid the glare.

"Why's he turning left if that board up ahead clearly says right" Dan asked again and this time I looked up. "Dan, that's not the jeep you were supposed to follow" I said in a slightly put off tone.

"Hell no" he pulled to the side of the road and stopped. "Come on, there was a difference between two vehicles, and that jeep's open which means you could see the people in it" I shook my head.
"Okay I screwed up"
"Says the guy who designs spacecrafts" I removed the seatbelt and got down. There wasn't a single person in sight as we were far off from the city limits.