-Twenty two-

I woke up to see a very messed up bedroom and living room scenario. Blankets and people strewn everywhere made up most of the floor. "Guys it's morning, wake up" I yawned and shook Theo by his shoulder. "It's morning already?" he asked, eyes still closed.

"Yeah the sun comes up every 24 hours, that's how it works" I told and opened the curtains and blinds. "Ah, sunshine" Mel came out of the washroom. She was the only early riser amongst all of them. "Good Morning Mel" I smiled. "A very good morning" she wished back.

"Close those blinds, I'm blinded!" Lisa pushed her face into the pillow. "Wakey wakey" Mel said, loud and clear. "It's the holidays, Ser and Mel, why don't you also go back to sleep" Howard put his arm across his eyes to shut off the natural light streaming through the windows.

"I'm a morning person" Mel said. "And I have to go to work" I gave my reason and walked to the door. "Wait a sec, you can't have work! We have our holidays going on, it's a get together!" Theo got up. "Try convincing the hospital" I said. "Okay I will" he said. "You aren't really going to do that" I said. "Oh miss, I am" he said and grabbed my keys.

"You aren't taking that as a challenge, are you?" I asked. "Maybe" he smirked and came to where I stood. "Okay okay, what time are we all planning a trip? I'll be back before that" I promised him. "Okay then, be back before three" he said. "I will" I said.

The start to the day at work wasn't very bad except for that time when the coffee dispenser stopped working which resulted in pure black coffee being splattered all over my yellow top. It looked like an abstract work of art according to Colin who, soon after, was laughing, which further spread the news. Atleast I prevented other people from using the dispenser.

"Hey Serena, are you busy?" Dr. Marano asked me when I was going back to my cabin. "I think I have four more patients to go and then I guess I'll be free for thirty minutes or so" I said. "Oh good, then could you drop in a visit, I really wanted to talk about this new mind stuff" the psychiatrist asked me. "Sure" I said as I was always fascinated by his job.

My meeting with the last patient with problems of food poisoning got over and I finally got the break during which I dropped a visit at Dr. Marano's. "Ah, come in" he said as he was expecting me. "Good afternoon, what is it doctor?" I asked him and sat down. "Oh nothing, I heard from Colin that you aren't feeling quite like your jolly usual self" he smiled.

"Oh that's nothing, I'm fine" I said and cursed Colin for never being able to keep a secret. "Whatever it is, you can always just come here to escape from that busy schedule of yours" he said. "Thank you but really, I'm good" I said. "If you say so but don't stress on problems, everything will turn out fine" he told me. "You are so good at making anyone feel better" I grinned.

"Is Dr. Mayers here?" Angel, the attendant, peeped in and looked right at me. "She's very much here" Dr. Marano told her, making her smile too. "Dr. Mayers, there's someone asking for you, not a patient" she informed. "Then tell that someone to come in" Dr. Marano said.

"Oh that's not needed, I'll go and check" I told him politely. "You're the one on your break, stay here, Angel send him or her" he requested and she left with a nod.

A soft knock and in he came, his blonde head appearing before the rest of his body. "Kevin?" I asked. "Oh so you know him" Dr. Marano said and made him have a seat. "Hello, I'm Kevin Field" he told the doctor and sat. "Nice to meet you Kevin, what do you do?" he asked.

"I work as an agent in the army" he replied, impressing the doctor. "Why did you want to see me?" I asked him. I realised if it was anything about Matt then I would have got to know from Dan. "It's nothing really" he said. "Then?" I asked, for he acted strange at times.