Chapter 4 : Train Wreck

"What do we've got?" Fetcher pulled over the crime-scene-don't -cross line.  His brown hair was out-of -ordinarily good-looking today. 

The sun was blazing like a fireball.  There was a long train crashed down on the railway.   Body parts were scattered everywhere.  Red seemed to be the main color in this supposed-to-be muddy yellow picture. 

"Don't be an idiot, Fetch!" Chase called out loud, "We've got about two hundred bodies here.  There were also a lot of people got sent to the hospital.  Thank god this train didn't take so many people." 

Fetcher nodded, walking over to talk to the coroners.  There were just too many bodies.  Ambulances came and went.  More and more law enforcement men came.

"Oh! What did I miss?" Donnter ran to the crime scene with his suit looking horrible and his tousle blonde hair. 

"Don't run!  Careful!  The evidence!" a CSI yelled out as Donnter hit the brake himself. 

"You've just missed the train wreck.  Good for you!" Chase gave him a thumb-up.   "Jane is over there.  At seventh cart, I think." 

Donnter nodded and then ran to the seventh cart. 

"I told you not to run!" the CSI screamed in vain.

*****

"Detective Chase?" 

Upon hearing her name being called, Chase turned around and met the eyes of the caller, dark blue. 

"Lightson." she responded.  She wasn't surprised that he was here since there were so many dead bodies and injures. 

Special Agent Declan Lightson worked in CBI.  To Chase, he was the most hateful one out of his team-of-four, which concluded Jane's husband, Roger, James, and Halcyon. 

"No need to be so disrespectful." Lightson chuckled, "You might as well called me by my title." 

Chase rolled her eyes. This guy had made unfriendly comments to queer people.  That was one of the reason why she hated him so much.  Besides, he was very proud.  He held his pride higher than Empire State Building. 

"I don't care.  You're not my supervisor." Chase crossed her arms in front of her chest, "What do you want?" 

"You see," Lightson straightened his suit, "This."  He referred to the horrible train wreck, "Is huge.  FBI guys are on their way now.  It'll be a huge investigation." 

Chase nodded.  It wasn't like she hadn't already known.  Come on!  Hundreds of people died! 

"It might be a terrorist attack.  Whales found some pieces of bombs." 

Chase snapped, "Said what?" 

"I said," Lightson frowned, "It might be a terror-" 

"No." Chase snapped again, "Who found the bombs?" 

"Dr. Whales.  And don't you...okay good.  You've already walked away from me."

*****

Once knowing that Dr. Halcyon Whales was here, Chase hadn't even waited for Lightson to finish the sentence before she took off to find Whales.  

Dr. Halcyon Whales was a genius.  He had worked in CBI as a consultant for six years now.  And he was only twenty-four now.  If you think he was a boring nerd, well...you're half wrong because he was actually an interesting fun nerd although he did seem like being in outer space sometimes.

Chase found Whales checking the wheels at the twelfth cart.  "Halcyon!" she called as she was ten feet away. 

Whales stopped whatever he was examining and turned around.  His smile grew wider as he saw Chase, "Detective Chase!  Nice to see you!"