Chapter 27 : Roll The Lies

Paul Woodstock was dead.  At least that was what his ID said.  

He was a thirty-five-year-old bachelor.  He had blonde wavy short hair.  His ocean blue eyes were shockingly open.  He wore a dark blue vest outside a thin vertical lines white shirt.  His red tie was well hung on his neck, tucked under the vest.  He wore a pair of dark gray pants and a pair of light brown Oxford shoes outside his pure white socks.  On his left hand there was a watch.  His facial expression was inconsistent with his body position.  He sat there with his back against the wall and right side against the pillar.

*****

"I can't believe my future husband is dead." Chase said when she came close to the victim, "I'm not ready to be a widow yet." 

Clarence grimaced at Chase' comments.  "He looks like someone very rich." 

"Because he is.  Duh!" Chase rolled her eyes, "We just walked five minutes from the gate to his main house! I thought you'd seen enough of his garden." 

"Maybe he's a thief.  The master came home and scared him to death!" Donnter offered his opinion. 

"Like you can ever scare someone to death." 

Clarence raised an eyebrow to Chase words, but he didn't say anything.  He was pretty sure some supernatural creatures could care people to death.  He raised his head up to see several paintings on the wall. 

"Donnter, I don't think he's a thief." he said calmly. 

"Maybe the master hung the thief's portraits on the wall to remind himself that he needs to be aware of this man." 

"That just sounds extremely pathetic!" Chase barfed, "Where's Jane?" 

"She takes some days off to have a vacation in Spain with her husband." Clarence moved around the body.  He knew the drill.  Before the coroner arrived, he couldn't touch the body. 

"Quit reminding me that my future husband is dead!" Chase acted hysterically. 

"I thought you weren't the marrying type." Donnter questioned as he checked out the portraits carefully. 

"His watch..." Clarence took out a magnifier from his suit pocket and inspected the watch in a distance. 

"Speak, Sherlock!" Chase demanded, "Do you know how ridiculous you look when you took a magnifier out from your pocket?" 

Clarence ignored her sarcasm, "It's an IWC Da Vinci Tourbillon Retrograde Chronograph." 

"I have no idea what you're talking about.  Make you even more ridiculous and Sherlock." Chase reached out her hand, wanting to touch the dead man's blonde hair, and then stopped herself from doing so. 

"It's a watch about a hundred thousand dollars!" 

"Dear God!  Why haven't I met this guy sooner?  I could be RICH!" Chase acted even more hysterically. 

Clarence hadn't been sure that Chase could have acted even more hysterically, but apparently, she could.

"I'm comfortable with where I am now.  Hi, Doc!" Donnter led Cedric to the body. 

"Who is so desperately wanting to be rich?" Cedric asked. 

"Chase." Donnter and Clarence answered at the same time. 

The coroner chuckled, "Doesn't Chase always want more money?  Doesn't everyone?"  He looked at the body, "No blood.  But he's definitely dead.  Pale.  Loss of blood.  Clarence, gloves on.  Help me hold him."