Chapter 6 : Drained Out

Upon Chase saw the body, she really didn't know what to say. 

It was an art of perfection.  The victim's skin was so white, so pale, just like milk.  He was dressed in a perfect suit.  His hair was well styled.  There was only a thin cut line on his throat.  Otherwise, he looked so peaceful.  Lying there on the bench with his hands folded on his belly looked like he was just sleeping. 

"He's dead." Doctor Cedric said, "Yeah, I know.  What a shame!  He looks so good." Doctor looked at the body, seemed like admiring his own work.  "But as I said, he's dead.  I just stuck my thermometer into his liver and he didn't even yelp." seeing Chase not speaking still studying the body, the medical examiner kept going, "There's no blood inside him.   Except this throat-cut mark, there's no wound on his other part of body."   He then confessed, "Well...I didn't take off his clothes here since he looks so perfect.  He might need some dignity.   I'll perform thorough examine back in the morgue."  

Fetcher walked over toward Chase, "I've just talked to the CSIs.  They haven't found anything.  Of course.  I mean...it's clearly a body dump." he turned to Cedric, "What do you have, Doc?" 

"Not much." Cedric replied, "I didn't want to ruin this beautiful picture." 

Fetcher chuckled, and then tried to use cough to cover it, showing his disapproval. 

*****

"He was drained out..." Chase murmured, "No blood." 

Fetcher held up his hand, "Before you're going to tell me that some vampire did this.   Consider not to do that." 

"It's a copycat.  This isn't a new M.O." 

Fetcher questioned with confusion, "You're saying someone did this before?   Where and who?  We need to get his files.  Is he still in prison?  Maybe we can have a prison trip." 

Chase's eyes were blank, "The original killer doesn't exist.   And out killer must be a big fan of Brian Moser." 

After about thirty seconds, Fetcher chuckled, "The fuck you're talking about?" 

She looked at him like he had just insulted her in front of the whole classmates, "Brian Moser was Dexter's biological brother.  He dosed the victims, drained out their blood, and cut them to fine pieces.  However," Chase walked backward a few steps, "In out case, the copycat didn't cut up his victim.  Probably it's because it's a tiring job.   Which," she stressed, "Gives our unsub a profile with science department dropout.  He likes to do experiments, but he doesn't like to finish them." 

"Wait a second here," Fetcher interrupted her, "You're referring our unsub to Brian Moser from Dexter the TV show?" 

Chase gave him the most unbelievable face, "And you're telling me you're not?" 

Fetcher sighed, "I don't really know whether we should call the killer a copycat or an original since Dexter is fictional work." 

"Come again?" Chase demanded, but he just shut up.

*****

Around 11:00 back in the office, Fetcher was waving a piece of paper when he walked toward Chase. 

"The victim's name is Peter Hage.   He's a senior in UCLA.   His parents will fly here from San Francisco."  He took a look at Jane and Donnter, "I want you to take care of them." 

Chase sorted out her desk hastily, "So we're going back to college.  Yes!"

*****

UCLA was huge.  However, it wasn't difficult to find Peter's dorm.