Chapter 20 : Spiraling

"He kissed you?" Cam spat the milk back into the glass, "Why didn't you tell us last night?" 

Fetcher grimaced.  He took the glass of milk and poured it into the sink. 

Chase took a piece of toast, spreading the blueberry jam on it, "I was thinking about that all night!  It hurt my brain!" 

"Are you kidding?" Reign took the toast which Chase just spread the jam on, "He's Clarence.  He's super hot!" 

Clash a big sound, Fetcher put down the chocolate jam, "Excuse me!  Your new father is right here." he passed the toast with chocolate to Reign, "What's the use of adopting you?  You should stand by me!" shaking his head and putting up his hands, "I'm just kidding." 

"Nice try, Fetch." Reign gave him a cup of coffee from the coffee machine, "I'm stuck with you now and forever." 

Cam poured himself a new cup of milk, "So...how was it?  It must have felt like heaven." 

"Yeah." Fetcher chimed in, "How was punching your fist into his pretty face?" 

"I didn't punch him in the face." Chase said with unbelief on her face. 

"So you broke his leg." Fetcher boldly guessed. 

"I didn't." Chase goggled her eyes, "Am I really that violent?" 

"I can help you torture him." Fetcher offered. 

"Dad!" Cam sighed, "Don't be a loser.  Chase likes him." he drank up his milk. 

"No, I don't." Chase said right away.  Her immediate denial wasn't because she wanted to show Fetcher where her loyalty stood but because it was the truth in her head.

*****

Chase rolled up the sleeve of the grid shirt.  There was a spiraling pattern on the arm. 

"A night club?" Donnter said, getting the magnifier from Art for a closer look. 

"A gay club." Clarence squatted down beside them, taking off him sunglasses, "Spiraling." 

"Just in town and already knew all the fun." Art chuckled, "C.O.D. is heroine overdosed." 

Chase stood up, "So why called us.  He probably did that to himself."  She covered her nose, walking way from the body.  

The body didn't have strong smell.  However, it was beside dumpsters, six dumpsters.  CSIs would have fun.

*****

"Victim's name is Alexander Gold, 20.  He's a student in University of Southern California, studying Cinematic Arts.  He's a local and we've got his address." Vera passed a piece of paper to Clarence. 

"Thanks." Clarence took the paper, turning to Chase, "Wanna go for a ride?" 

"Uh...rain check?" Chase hoped him would approve that. 

She had taken Donnter's car to the crime scene and back earlier.  She didn't want to spend time with just Clarence in a car. 

He held her eyes for a few seconds, "Hmm...how about you go check out the university with Donnter?"  He knew Chase somehow.  He knew that she'd love to go to the university to talk with hot and young guys.  "Jane and I will inform his family."

*****

"Is there something I should know?" Donnter asked, turning left onto South Vermont Avenue. 

Chase pretended that she didn't hear that.  She was looking out the window. 

"Hey!" Donnter poked her arm, "What happened?  Last time was Fetcher.  This time is Clarence now?"