Chapter 3 - Handshakes

Spencer

"So what's the deal with her?"

"Excuse me?"
The young doctor was confused by Derek's question.

"You never shake hands with anyone."

"Oh. Well, she's a forensic pathologist. Their hands are as clean as they can get. And for your information, we crossed on the train this morning."

"Well that's boring. I was expecting her to be one of your many one night stands." His friend joked, sarcastically.

Spencer only shook his head and laughed.

"As much as I'd love to hear about your sex lives, shall we talk about the file?" Dr.Park entered the room, grinning. Spencer turned bright red, while the special agent unconvincingly stifled a laugh.

"Y-yes, of course." He tried to recover from his embarrassment. One day, he was going to kill Derek Morgan. But that day wasn't today, because Morgan had more muscle in his thumb than in Spencer's entire body. And also Derek was his friend.
The medical examiner, seeing him in this state, simply patted his shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's just a joke." She gave him a small smile and continued, "Well, here you have the body of Diane Wilson, Margaret Thomas and Timothy Dunham."

"Are there any differences concerning the wounds of each body?"

"Well, it varies, but essentially, the m.o stays the same - they're shot, then stabbed. Some stab wounds are deep, others less and shakier."

Spencer seemed confused.

"That doesn't make any sense... if he is a psychopath, wouldn't he want to torture his victim in front of him? Why would he kill them fast, and then stab them? That removes all the fun part from the equation for him..."

"Why do you keep saying him?" The young woman asked, making Reid and Morgan's gazes turn to her.