Chapter 36 - Bowling Queen

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! But! This chapter is super long, and I have super good stuff coming up ;))

~

"She was hit at the back of the head. It seems to have been a small object, with a diameter of two and a half centimetres. The strike was quite strong, as the crease is quite deep. It was done perpendicular to the head, give or take a few degrees. I'd say fifteen." The medical examiner observed, pointing to the wound of the victim.

"Thank you so much, Lilith. I know it's really late, but you're being so helpful right now." Spencer said.

Lilith's tired face softened.

"Don't worry, Doc. I love my job, and I love helping you guys." She gave him a small smile, which Spencer quickly reciprocated.

"Okay, lovebirds," Rossi said, making the two friends snap out. "This is cute and all, but we gotta work the case."

"I was just thanking her for showing up at midnight for us, that's all." The younger agent pouted.

Rossi chuckled.

"Sure. Of course. Well, Doctor Park, what else should we note?"

"The wound was afflicted deliberately. No signs of hesitation. However, on the second victim, the hand was shakier. And there are many different strikes. But even though he was shaking more, it's clear that the unsub is going deeper."

"So, he's enjoying this." Rossi stated.

"And now he can't stop. The first one was probably an accidental killing. After that, he probably became euphoric and is targeting more people." Spencer spouted out instinctively.

"You might be right. We have to do a background check on the first victim, she's probably somehow related to the unsub."

"Kate Robinson. That's her name." Lilith bounced off, glancing at her file.

"You're a blessing, Lilith." Spencer ruffled the ponytail of his friend.

"Thanks. Now go, little hummingbird, and accomplish your quest!" She replied with a quick smile as she shooed him away.

The two men walked out of the clinic to rapidly jump in their car, a new case to solve.

"So you're really good friends with her, huh?" Rossi asked, his hands on the wheel as Spencer fastened his seatbelt. The younger man pressed his back deeper into his seat.

"She's my best friend, you know that."

"It shows." He simply replied, starting the car. "I'm curious. Have you never thought of her as more? Or hoped for something to happen?"

Spencer let out a small sigh, not particularly liking being bombarded with questions.

"Listen, Rossi. I'm dating someone right now. Jeanine is a really nice girl."

"You're avoiding the question, Spencer. I've met Jeanine. You've never been this comfortable with her. Or with any other woman, as a matter of fact. Lilith is special, right?"

"I-I don't know, Rossi. She's my friend." He repeated himself. He started rubbing his temples. The older man understood that he wanted to be left alone.

"It's your life, kiddo. I'm not judging you." The agent drove off.

Spencer fell silent and looked out of the car window, wondering.

Lilith

"Thanks so much for inviting me!"

"Well thank you for coming, Lilith! You were so helpful for the case, and we know how close you are to Spencer, so there was no reason not for you to come."