Chapter 37 - You have reached Doctor Lilith Park

3 weeks later

"Hey, this is Spencer. I mean, you probably saw the caller ID and all so... yeah. You know. Anyways, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out? I haven't seen you much these past couple of weeks. Maybe you've been busy, I don't know. But yeah, how does a movie and some junk food sound? You know, like what we usually do? I'm coming back from the case tonight, so if you feel like seeing me... you've got my key."

Lilith uncrossed her legs on her sofa, and replayed the voicemail for the third time.

"Hey, this is Sp-"

Lilith paused the recording and rubbed her cheek, up and down. She didn't know what to think. Ever since the bowling event, she had avoided Spencer. She didn't really know why - it wasn't like she didn't want to see him, she did. It just felt... weird. The young woman rose to her feet, and paced to the kitchen. Grabbing a mug and a tin can, she started making herself a cup of her favourite tea. Maybe it would put her mind on something else. She hated herself for this, really. She wanted to see Spencer, and yet somehow she didn't want to. As if... she was scared of how she'd react. Lilith sighed as the water started boiling. She poured it in the mug she had taken out, watching the drink take its colour. As it got cooler, Lilith wrapped her small hands around the cup, and let some of the steam blow in her face. She looked down at the drink.

"To hell with it." Lilith said to herself.

Avoiding him was tiring, and she wanted to hang out with him. Like they always do. She glanced down at her watch.

8 p.m.

Spencer

Spencer was lying down on his sofa, a book folded on his chest. He stared up at the ceiling, letting his gaze wander around. The doctor was thinking. Why did I send that voicemail? Are you that desperate Spencer? He sighed, and grabbed his book to put it back on the shelf. So... looked like she wasn't gonna come.

That's what he thought, until he heard the lock of his door turn.

Behind it was Lilith, huffing, with her cheeks turned pink and a copy of Ghostbusters in hand.

"Hey... sorry I'm late." She apologised between two puffs.

"No problem." He smiled wide, happy to see her after a whole week in Texas without seeing her, working the case. He'd missed her puffy cheeks and messy hair.

"So...Do you wanna watch this?" She waved her dvd.

"Sure. Stay here, I'll make us some tea."

"Don't worry, actually, I've got us covered." Lilith got out a thermos from behind her back.

Spencer laughed.

"You could have just brought the tea leaves here."

"But then you'd know my secret recipe, and you wouldn't come back to me." She pouted jokingly.

The two laughed together. They were happy to seemingly be back to how they were a month before. She joined him on the couch, and handed him the thermos.

"Hey, I was just wondering, why did we not hang out for the past few weeks? Were you busy?" He asked as he took a sip.

"Uh... yeah. I didn't really want to bother you and Jeanine and...I mean, there's just been a lot of things on my mind lately, you know." Lilith combed her fingers through her bangs, looking away.

Spencer slowly nodded. "I get it. You know you can always talk yo me." He tried to meet her gaze.

"Yeah. Could we... uh... change the subject?" She grabbed the thermos.

"Of course." He smiled at her tenderly as she took a sip. He knew she was confused at the moment, and didn't really want to pressure her. If she wanted to tell him something, she knew where to find him. After all, she was one of the only people he'd willingly share tea from the same bottle with. "Let's go get some snacks from the kitchen." He took her hand.

"Hey! I'm not a baby!" She giggled.

"You talk like one." He teased with a smirk.

She pulled out her tongue, and turned on her heels to the kitchen.

The young woman opened a cupboard.

"Nothing here. Or here." She added as she opened another cupboard.

"Oh, I forgot." Spencer realised as he walked up behind Lilith.

"Forgot what? How's that even possible with a brain like yours?"

Spencer laughed. "I forgot to buy food after coming back from the case."

"So...no snacks?" She squinted at him.

"Looks like it." He shrugged.

"What a DISGRACE. We must fix this at once. Colonel Park will aid you in this mission." She made a wonky military salute, before adding, "Grab your things, we're going to the store."

Spencer smiled as she left the room, snapping her fingers.

"Yes, Colonel."