Chapter 8 - Keys and Leaves

Lilith

Although she was surprised by his question, the young woman answered.

"Well, we have to give the bodies of the first two victims to the morgue tomorrow afternoon. So, technically, today. They haven't been claimed yet so they'll be branded as unknown."

"Okay, I need you to be on board with this." He said, anxiously.

She slowly nodded, curious.

"If it's nothing illegal or unethical, I'm in."

"You'll be glad to hear it's neither." He paused. "Do you have the keys to the coroner's office?"

"Yeah, all the medical examiners do. Why?"

"I need to check something on the victims."

Lilith considered what he'd said, before muttering to herself,

"Jordan won't like this..."

"Jordan? Who's Jordan?"

"My colleague. He's the one who worked the case for the three bodies, but he left on a honeymoon as soon as he was done with the last corpse. That's why I was the one who presented the file to you guys. I'm new in the office, so they give me the boring stuff."
She said, plainly.

"And why won't he like it?"

"Well, me, a novice, going over his case for errors isn't quite... flattering."

"For a novice, you're great at what you do." The doctor said, earnestly.

She smiled, happy that she was at least able to help someone.

Spencer

Reid sipped on his tea, thoughtfully, trying to find a solution to the Jordan problem. As he brought the cup to his lips, he was pleasantly surprised.

"Tea usually isn't really my thing, but wow, I'm impressed." He said. The look on his face was enough to tell he was blown away.

She was pleased by his expression, and grinned as she grabbed her keys and a coat.

"I know, but my tea isn't any tea. It's special." She paused, before adding, "We're leaving by the way, take your stuff."

Spencer followed her across the living room.

"Could you tell me what tea you used?"

She unlocked her door, and they stepped out of her apartment.

Turning herself to face him, she smiled ambiguously.

"It's a secret."