-2- The Black Core

Danny's dull green eyes fluttered open.

He was, in fact, not, fully dead.

Still in the same bloodied room, with the same pain, and the same fear that controlled him. Danny was alone, he was always alone, he prefered it. Danny hated the GIW, but he feared them more than he loathed them.

Danny tried to ignore the pain in his leg but it was persistent. With an annoyed huff Danny slowly sat up to face his leg that was demanding attention, almost wishing it to be chopped off. They had done that once, but it was a finger, not an entire leg. The finger had grown back due to his enhanced healing abilities but it was pale and weak.

He winced as pain sliced through his side, almost forgetting all his other injuries. Grimacing, Danny pushed the stars away from his vision and focused on the injuries he needed to fix. He was going to bleed out if his leg wasn't tended to. He was sure his left arm was broken, the left shoulder also bleeding profusely because of the robot, and his ribs were in a horrible state of bruises and breaks. He could feel the massive (he asssumed) black bruise under his muzzle, his jaw aching and a thin strip of red-green blood trickled down his forehead.

Danny's core turned to a sickly green, grossed out with the sheer amount of blood that was supposed to be inside of him but wasn't. Even though seeing much of his own blood over the past 4 years had hardened him from such unpleasantries.

Danny slowly scooted himself to the wall, leaning up against it so he could find some comfort in the contact with the wall. Danny needed something he could hug onto, something he could use to keep from clenching his hands for too log. Nervous habit had him hugging his legs, but he couldn't do that this time because his leg was unable to function, as was his entire left side. Both appendages  burned at any movement what so ever.

Danny made a pained face as he was able to tighten the makeshift bandage that he made with his shirt. It was a feeble attempt, but it might have just saved his life. He sighed, tired of his endless pain.

He laid his head back, his long white hair flopping to the side, hoping his advanced healing could fix his leg before he bled out.

He closed his eyes and let sleep take him.

-0o0o0o0o BECAUSE IM BATMAN o0o0o0o0-
(HISHE anyone?)

A jarring sensation woke the sleeping halfa, immediately he was set on edge, well... as much as he could be in his broken state.

His core flared a deep purple, his gaze flickered fearfully to his cell door, the origin of the sound. Although rested his mind was sluggish, he had to blink a few times to steady his swimming vision.

BANG.

Danny involuntarily jumped, sending new pain up his leg and down his shoulder into his broken arm. The harsh lights above him were flashing red and alarms were blaring loudly. Neither of witch helped his still swimming vision, the sounds and lights hurt his head. The little halfa bent his head down, trying to find some way to block the noise out. Whatever it was it couldn't possibly be related to him.

BANG.

Danny felt his panic rise into his throat, what if it was? His thoughts thickly shifted through ideas. Could it be a new robot the GIW wanted him to destroy? Or... another side of him offered... a new robot the GIW wanted to destroy him?

BANG.

The door crashed to the floor, the hinges coming clean off and dust from something flew into the air.

Danny's eyes widened with fear as a large man stood in the doorway. He was tall, and broad chested, a bat symbol covered his torso. A black cape hung around his shoulders, dark pointed ears crested his head, but that is not what worried Danny.