-32- No Other Choice

Danny was cold.

He was cold and cramped.

The cold didn't bother him much though, it was mainly the cramped space he was squished into that he hated. Not to mention the fact he was captured AGAIN!

He knew what the thermos did, after all, they did test almost all of their ghost weapons on him. He was terrified.

He just got back, he was still healing, why did he have to get captured again?! At least Sam and Tucker were safe, at least, he thought they were safe. The GIW wouldn't go after them right? He hoped not, but the GIW were experts at crushing hopes.

Danny refused to cry. Crying didn't do anything but show fear and weakness. Weakness the GIW would exploit.

But he couldn't help the few tears that slipped down his face, why couldn't the GIW leave him alone? Why couldn't they go after some other halfa?! Danny immediately regretted the thought, he wouldn't wish this fate on anyone. Except for maybe the GIW.

His body was sore, it was always sore when he was squished into the confines of the thermos. He yelped as the thermos was rattled around, no doubt on purpose by the agent holding his small prison. His metal leg was uncomfortably large in the small space, making the room for the rest of his body smaller than ever.

But for some reason he was always able to breathe, even in the trapped space where he should have run out of air long ago. He hated the thermos, always cramped, all the walls closing in around him. Forcing him smaller and smaller until he was released.

Danny began to hyperventilate, too small, much too small.

There was no room, no room at all for his quick breaths, his back was already against the wall, his legs drawn up because that was the only way he'd fit. His legs made his chest area smaller, then his arms were above them, also against the wall. His head was curled downward but the top still hit the wall, much too small. Too small.

The cold feeling in the pit of his stomach grew, he barely noticed it as his panicky breathes continued. He was going back, back again to be dissected and cut and stabbed. He didn't want to go back, but as always, there was nothing he could do about it.

'Nothing you can do?'

Danny paused at the voice, it was familiar. His wide green eyes flickered this way and that, trying to find the source in the small space. Then he realized it wasn't coming from outside, it was coming from inside him.

'We both know you can do something, it's just a question of what.' The voice continued.

Danny squeezed his eyes shut as he was pulled into his brain.

Danny fell with a scream onto the black ground. Just like last time it was dark, but Danny knew now not to be scared. Danny let out a cold breath, he knew he was there anyway though.

Danny walked forward with his odd limp, coming to meet the large helpful ghost in his brain. He wondered if he could help him, help him escape or do something cool to get him out of the thermos.

The large black and white ghost smiled as he approached, although it seemed more sinister than welcoming. The older ghost didn't say anything about his new appendage, Danny was actually grateful he didn't. Behind the ghost was a box over the red and black fog form of Nightmare.