-16- I AM TECHNUS, THE MASTER OF LONG AND LOUD MONOLOGUES!

The long hallways were bare and sterile, save it be the blinking security camera's scanning the corridors. It was empty, the only sound the echoes of booted feet as they hit the ground.

Two men in blinding white turned a corner. They walked together silently, hardened frowns on their faces, the sunglasses on their noses hid their watchful eyes that moved about. A shadow past behind them unbeknownst to the patrolling agents. It ran soundlessly down the hall, the cameras made no sign that they saw the invisible invader.

The small shadow paused and phased into the wall as more guards passed by. It peeked its head out, scanning both directions before ghosting forwards. A scroll type parchment was rolled up in one of it's hands, the shadow quickly went one of the many doors in the hallway.

The shadow passed through the door, coming into a poorly lit room that reeked. The glowing green chains were bolted to the wall, the walls themselves threw a green haze over the occupant. The captive ghost's head lifted at the shadows entrance.

The ghost had white hair in a low ponytail, a ragged white cape around his shoulders, worn green gloves covered his hands and he wore a dark trench-coat-like suit. He looked exhausted, a blinking collar was around his neck. His face was one of worry but it melted when the ghost saw the form of the shadow. He gave a crooked smile.

"Tucker."

The shadows disappeared around the form to reveal a small boy. He wore a yellow shirt and had dark skin, a backpack was slung over his shoulder and he held the parchment in one hand. The young boy smiled but his stance remained tense, the guards could come by at any minute.

"Hi Technus, did they work you too hard again?" Tucker said, he pushed his glasses farther up his nose and crept forward. If he wasn't careful the cameras would see him.

Their friendship was an odd one, it started when the GIW first started capturing ghosts. Technus had evaded capture for a while thanks to Tucker. Tucker was exploring in the abandoned house of the Fenton's, some said it was hunted but he didn't care. He had heard there was a lot of high tech gear in their basement and Tucker wanted to upgrade his PDA.

When he finally got to the basement he found a weird green vortex spiraling inside a hole in the wall. It was sparking and glitching, something obviously wasn't connected right. Tucker examined the place and found the problem. Before he could attempt to fix it a ghost had fallen through the portal.

It was Technus, his coat was singed and he was lying on the floor. he twisted so he was on his back and he scrambled backwards, not noticing the boy to his right. Lasers started firing out of the portal, Tucker squeaked in alarm, alerting the ghost to his presence.

"Turn it off!! Turn it off!!" The ghost pleaded as the lasers fired around him, he ducked his head as a green blur grazed past him. Tucker impulsively shut the portal down.

"Thank you small child." Technus said, relaxing, that was a close shave with the GIW. Seven year old Tucker figured he should introduce himself.

"I'm Tucker Foley!" He said excitedly to the ghost. Technus raised an eyebrow, usually when he met humans they would run away screaming.

"I am Technus! Ghost master of science and electrical technology! And all things beeping!" He said in his normally loud voice, Tucker giggled.

"I like video games! I also have this PDA!" Tucker said with no excitement lost, holding up his PDA to show the ghost. Technus frowned and stroked his non-existent beard, examining the pice of equipment.

"You have great taste in electronics little child." Technus also scanned the room, seeing all the electrical debris. "Do you live here Foley child?"