-14- Two worlds, One family

Danny's hold on Robin's hand increased as computer called out his guardian's exit. He breathed in through his nose and out through his mouth, he had to keep calm. Common Danny, Stay welmed, his mouth twitched upwards at the thought.

Robin looked down at his panicky brother. Neither of them had eaten breakfast this morning because they had to leave for the mountain. Maybe getting something to eat should be at the top of the 'to do' list today.

"Let's get something to eat." Robin stated. Danny looked up at him weirdly and questioned his mental health, he just ate last night! Canary nodded her approval and waved, saying something about checking surveillance systems, apparently it had been glitching.

Danny was the opposite of hungry, he was filled to the brim with worry and distrust. Nonetheless he followed his older brother to the kitchen area where Robin placed him on a bar stool and left to go find some cereal, preferably not fruit loops.

The kitchen seemed attached to the living room so Danny had a full view of the team while they stood next to the couches. Danny noticed they all seemed pretty nervous, he wondered why. Wally and Artemis began slowly inching there way to the kitchen as to not spook Danny, he saw them out of the corner of his eye and stiffened. He then relaxed as Robin returned from wherever the pantry was, Wally and Artemis took this as a green light to walk normally.

"Cereal?" Wally asked, seeing his friend with some Frosted Flakes and two bowls. "Ooo, can I get in on some of that action?" Wally said as he found another bowl and got out three spoons. Danny had his eyes trained on Wally, watching for any sign of violence, his heart rate accelerated as he realized he had lost track of Artemis.

Robin nodded, unaware of his brothers plight. "Yup, me and Phantom kinda skipped breakfast this morning." He poured the cereal and milk, putting a spoon in each and slid the bowl to the halfa. He noticed Danny's hands were white with his grip on the counter, his body stiff. Robin frowned and looked around, trying to find the thing that was making Danny nervous.

"I don't get that, how do you miss breakfast? It's like, the most important meal!" Wally said with his mouth full, Artemis seemed to materialize next to him and playfully slapped him upside the head.

"All meals are the most important meal to you." Wally gave a small chuckle. Danny let out an inaudible sigh of relief, there she was. Being aware of everyone's position was going to be harder than he thought.

"This is true." Robin said, mouth also full, with a finger pointed upwards in a matter-of-factly way. Danny poked at his cereal, eventually taking a bite despite his churning stomach. Danny listened beyond the little conversation to see if he could hear the other girl and two boys in the living room. He figured Kaldur had returned to his book considering he just heard the flip of a page, Conner was quiet as usual but it was so quiet he could basically hear his core writhing.

M'gann had disappeared though, Danny's head swiveled to the side, where had she gone? Danny didn't see her exit, she just kinda 'poof'ed. Then Danny heard the faint sound of struggling, Connor must have heard it too because his head turned in the same direction. A few seconds later M'gann appeared, holding a bunch of small book-like objects. The rest of the team saw her arrival with confused expressions, she was holding a ton of movie cases in her arms.

"Why are you holding them?" Artemis asked, still standing next to Wally.

"Yeah, why not use your telekinesis?" Wally added, Danny noticed that their core's were unusually bright next to each other, and dimmed when they were apart. He also wondered what telekinesis was, Danny didn't think he could even pronounce it.

M'gann's tower of movies wobbled, she yelped and breathed out a sigh when the tower stilled.

"Well, I didn't want to spook Phantom by walking in with a bunch of floating movies." M'gann said, leaning her head to the side so she could see her friends. Robin glanced at the confused Danny and nodded.