-6- Nightmare

Three year old Danny was walking happily along in a crowded place, a boy was walking next to him. They looked identical despite one was four years older than the other. They both had the same brilliant blue eyes and raven black hair. Both a little short and lanky for their ages.

Danny looked over to his older twin, but he didn't recognize him, he had no name. He wasn't even sure what his face looked like, every time he looked he only saw a blur and a faint blue. Someone called out to him, they both looked up. A man and woman stood far away, near a big yellow and red tent. Both of their faces were blurred but he felt like he knew what they were. The man was calling for them.

Danny's twin ran to the man, yelling joyfully for Danny to do the same, but Danny stayed. In a daze, Danny watched as his older twin was held happily in the arms of the man who shared their dark hair. Realization hit him, this was his family, a mother, a father, and a brother.

But it was all to soon taken away.

The dream... the memory... took a twisted turn as Danny felt invisible hands grabbing him, his family's faces contorted into faces of worry and anger. Danny tried to fight back against the hands that were taking him away from his family, clawing at the air where he felt grabbed. He cried out for his family, tears pricking at his icy blue eyes.

His mother yelled his name as he caught one last glimpse of his family. His mom's hand was stretched out for him, her mouth agape with her cry, but he was too far away. His vision slowly went black, the last image his mothers pained face.

...

He was sitting now, in a place filled with kids. He grumbled and griped, speaking only Romanian. Danny frowned at all the kids around him, he wanted his family back, he wanted his mother and father and nameless brother.

A woman with hair like his mothers' came to him. He liked this woman, she had pretty purple eyes and wore a weird blue suit. A large man came with her, in an orange suit with black hair. They walked together like his parents did, happily and with another kid. But instead of a black haired blue eyed boy in their arms it was a girl with long red hair.

The man set the girl down in front of Danny and all the other kids seemed to fade away. The girl looked at him oddly, like she wasn't sure of something.

"Go on Jazzy! Meet your new brother!" The big man said with a loud -but nice- voice. The girl, Jazzy, looked to her father and back to Danny, obviously still unsure. Danny felt the same way. New brother?

Danny wanted his real family, he pouted and screamed when they took him away, but he couldn't possibly be mad at them, they got him away from all the other annoying kids who would tease him for his background with... what was it? Ack- acro- aro- something with an 'a' and a 'c' sound.

The scene changed quickly with a flash and blur of colors.

He was in a dark room, full of odd machines and lab equipment, he was still three. He walked around gawking at all the big stuff, when your three years old everything is big and interesting. Danny's attention was caught by a dark hole, he ran to it, finding the perfect place to hide from his new parents and sister, he wanted his real family. He didn't hate this family, he just wanted his old one.

He sat inside the weird hole, crying silently to himself. He wanted his brother, he wanted his mother, he wanted his father. But he could not find them, he probably wouldn't recognize them, he didn't even know their names.

He cried himself to sleep, waking up stiff and sore in the odd position. He stood on unsteady legs, his hand pressed against something inside the hole.