-10- Vulnerable

Bruce Wayne looked over the edge of his newspaper, seeing his adopted son and guest (that he wanted to be his adopted son) sitting on either side of him at the table.

Danny poked at his food, finally eating something. Dick shoveled the pancakes into his mouth, he had school in an hour and his hair was slicked back and his school uniform on. Bruce eyed the little ghost boy, so much strength in a small body with a meek personality. The GIW did a really good job at traumatizing the boy.

Bruce's eyes gaze flicked over to Dick, who was practically inhaling his food. Bruce found out some things last night that had literal and figurative relation to Dick. Danny and Dick are brothers.

At first it shocked the Bat, then he searched all over for the Greyson's missing boy, Daniel. Danny of course was a nickname for Daniel, so that stretch wasn't too far. They both spoke romanian, but the throw off was Danny's appearance, he was almost the opposite to Dick. Danny having white hair and green eyes opposed to Dick's black hair and blue eyes.

But how did Danny half die and then get caught by the GIW? And the records of the GIW said they only had him for four years, which meant he was five when they caught him, but he was three when he went missing. This was something Bruce could only ask Danny, but he didnt want to force Danny to answer questions he didnt want to answer.

Bruce folded his newspaper and looked uneasily between the two brothers, who didn't even know they were related. Danny looked up at the movement and saw Bruce's unease, he frowned and tried to figure out what had Bruce so concerned. Dick was oblivious to the whole thing, for he was chugging his glass of milk.

"So Dick, what did you guys do yesterday?" Bruce asked, hoping he could spring the question indirectly. Dick set down his cup and glanced at Danny, who stiffened up and looked down. Something happened apparently, Bruce thought.

"We, uh, went outside, Danny hadn't been outside in a while." Dick said somewhat hesitantly, the acrobat didn't know if Danny wanted him to keep his ghost half secret or not.

Bruce raised an eyebrow in question but internally he realized how much Danny didn't know. Four years of his life gone, no education or experience outside of a few rooms, Danny would need schooling. The white haired halfa gave Dick a delayed slow nod, he figured if Dick trusted Bruce then he should trust him too. Dick smiled softly, he was glad Danny was coming out of his shell, he needed to trust people more.

"Danny and I walked around a bit and Danny showed me some of his powers." Dick said casually, like Bruce already knew what he was talking about. Bruce, of course, did know, but knew that Dick didn't know he knew. (hehe, I like this sentence.)

"Powers?" Bruce asked innocently, he had looked over Danny's tests where his powers were used. Danny used them quite well in the fights, and there was a surprising amount of said powers.

"Yeah, he can fly, go invisible, be intangible and blast stuff with his hands. I don't really know what it is but it looks like a beam or something, but it comes out of his hand." Bruce's eyebrows rose, Danny had told Dick what he could do. Bruce suppressed a smile, Danny was already warming up to trusting Dick, and indirectly, Bruce.

Danny's head lowered, he was apprehensive of Bruce's reaction. Surprisingly Bruce's core never changed from its black and yellow, the yellow being miniscule in the mix. Bruce gave in and smiled at Danny, he needed to show positive reinforcement so Danny knew he could trust him with anything.

"That's quite the array of powers Danny. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come by these powers?" Bruce said as he raised his own glass of milk to his lips.

Danny blanched and Dick looked at him worriedly, Danny only told him he was half dead, not how he became half dead. Dick, sensing Danny needed a minute to think, tried to stall.