f o u r

Two months later, and everything was back to normal. Bad fast food, run-down motels, and hunting were all now back on Faith's agenda. It took Sam and Dean a while before they would go back on hunts since they just wanted to make sure she was okay. After lots of convincing, they eventually gave in. 

They were all on their way back to the bunker after hunting a Windigo a couple of hours away. They went through 'Taco Bell' and crunched on their tacos as they rode back home. Faith loved tacos almost as much as Dean liked pie. 

Once they pulled into the bunker driveway, they unloaded their bags before heading inside. Faith got busy unpacking their bags and starting their laundry once they got settled back in. Feeling extra tired after going back on her first hunt in several weeks, Faith decided to head to bed shortly after that. 

"You okay, honey?" Dean asked as he changed into his pajamas and slipped into bed behind her. 

"Just tired," She replied, turning to give him a reassuring smile. He nodded in understanding as he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close against him. "Goodnight," She whispered, slowly falling closer to sleep. 

"Goodnight, baby girl," He whispered back. It took only minutes and both of them were sound asleep. 

Faith could tell something was wrong as soon as she opened her eyes the next morning. She raised slowly from the bed, careful not to wake Dean who was still sound asleep. She had a pit in her stomach and thought she might shake it away with a long shower. She stepped into the water and made it as hot as she could stand it. 

The feeling persisted even after she stepped out. She decided to get dressed in comfy clothes and head downstairs and try to eat. She rounded the corner to the kitchen and Sam stood by the stove cooking breakfast. As soon as she smelt the food, she had to turn and run back to the bathroom. 

She landed in front of the toilet just in time to get sick. Her efforts to stay quiet weren't successful as Dean rushed into the bathroom after he heard the notice. 

"Dean, get out of here," She tried to push him away. 

"I'm not going anywhere," He said as he pulled her hair back out of her face and ran cold water onto a cloth. She continued to get sick for several minutes. Dean held the washcloth to her forehead and rubbed her back as she continued to throw up. 

"I am never eating tacos again," She said as she sat on the floor and backed away from the toilet. 

"They must have given you a bad batch," Dean said, wiping her face with the cold cloth. "Let's get you back in bed," He said as he helped her up off the floor. 

She snuggled back underneath the blankets, feeling a little better now. "Go back to sleep, and I will go find you some medicine," Dean said as he walked out of the bedroom and closed the door. 

At about lunchtime, Faith felt good enough to get out of bed. She wasn't used to lying in bed all day, and it was driving her crazy. 

"Are you sure you don't want any soup?" Dean asked Faith for what seemed to be the 5000th time once she reached the bottom of the stairs. 

"Honey, I really do appreciate it, but I can't eat right now." She explained, feeling bad that Dean was trying so hard. 

"Dean," Sam called from the library, interrupting the previous conversation. They both walked into the room he was in, seeing books scattered around the table. "I think I found us another case," Sam said as he looked around. 

"Sam, we can't leave right now," Dean explained as he pointed over to Faith who was pale as a ghost. 

"No, you guys should go," Faith persuaded. "Those people need you more," She said directly to Dean since he was the one she would have to convince the most.