Chapter 26 : Goodbye Kisses

The rest of the day was quiet, and uneventful. Castiel had decided to stick around the bunker for a little while.

You had just finished eating dinner, and putting Rosie to bed. Castiel offered to watch her while she slept.

You, Dean, and Sam sat in the library. The boys were both on there laptops, and you were reading one of the old books.

"So get this..." Sam started as he pointed to his laptop screen.

"2 victims in Ocala, Florida. They both committed suicide, and left a note. In both notes there were some distinct descriptions of how their loved ones told them to 'come to them'. It's definitely showing all the signs of a Crocotta." He said as he gave you the full report.

"Crocotta?" You asked.

You thought the name sounded familiar. You had never hunted one, but you thought Sam and Dean had told you about one they had hunted in the past.

"Yeah. They are creatures who look like humans, live in filth, lure people in usually by talking to them or calling them displaying themselves as dead loved ones." Sam said.

You nodded your head in remembrance.

"Do I get to go?" You asked as you longed to see something besides concrete walls.

"I love you, but who will look after Rosie?" Dean asked as you all stood from your seats.

"Castiel." You said as you pointed to the stairs.

"You think he knows how to change diapers, and warm a bottle?" He asked as he closed his laptop and started walking to your room.

"I know." You sighed in defeat.

"I'm sorry. I know you want to go, but Rosie needs you here." He said as he grabbed his army green duffel bag from under the bed.

"I know that." You said kind of defensively.

He unzipped his bag, and opened it out on the bed. He walked over to the dresser where he started grabbing different clothes, and the things he would need for the next few days.

In a few moments he was finished as threw the bag over his shoulder. He walked over to you, and placed a soft kiss on your forehead. He then turned to Rosie's nursery.

He placed his bag on the floor quietly, and tried not to wake her up. He walked over to the sleeping baby, and leaned over into the crib. He kissed his daughter on the head, and told her he loved her and that he would be back soon before grabbing his bag and walking out of the nursery.

You followed him to the stairs, and Sam was already standing there with his bag over his shoulder. Dean turned to you again, and kissed you on the lips this time. It lasted a few seconds before you pulled away, and placed your forehead on his stubbly chin. 

"It's only a few days. I promise you I will be back home soon. I love you and Rosie. I'll call you everyday, okay?" He asked as he looked down into your saddened eyes.

You looked back up to him, and just nodded.

"Okay." You said as you snuggled your faces into his chest.

"I'm sorry." He said as he stroked your hair.

"It's okay. I'm going to miss you." You said as you looked at him.

"I'm going to miss you too. I don't want to leave you, but people are dying. I have to help them." He said as he looked back down.

"Go save them, and then come back home to me." You said as he nodded and turned for the door.

A few last goodbyes were exchanged before the heavy bunker door closed. You slowly walked back to your room and saw Castiel sitting on the chair in the corner.

"Hey, Cassie." You said as you grabbed a pair of pajamas from the drawer.

"Hello." He said in return.

You walked to the bathroom, and changed into your pajamas before climbing into bed. You cuddled into the covers, and looked over at Castiel.

"Where are you staying tonight?" You asked him as he stood.

"Rosie's nursery." He said as he walked back to your daughters room.

You turned out the light, and rolled over trying to get comfortable. It was hard to find a place you liked, since the place you were used to was in Dean's arms. You eventually found a place that you decided would do. You drifted slowly into sleep, and prayed that Dean and Sam were ok.