Chapter 23 : Baby's First Bath

You stirred the pot of chili for the last time before yelling to the boys that dinner was ready. Rosie sat in her high chair at the end of the table. You grabbed her milk from the warmer, and sat down at the table. The boys came in moments later, and fixed them a bowl of the warm chili. Dean grabbed them two beers before sitting down at the table, and beginning to eat. You picked up Rosie from her high chair, and cradled her in your arms. You started feeding her the milk. Dean looked over to you and started to feel bad because you weren't eating yet.

"Let me feed her. You can eat." He said reaching for Rosie.

"It's okay, Dean. I'll eat in a few minutes." You said while looking over at him with a reassuring smile.

He simply nodded and continued to eat.

Soon and Rosie was done eating and she had fallen asleep. You didn't want to take her to the nursery because you wouldn't be able to hear her cry if something was wrong. You walked over to the counter and grabbed a bowl while Rosie was in your arms. You filled the bowl with chili, and grabbed a bottle of water before sitting back down. You began to rock Rosie in your place, and eat. Dean and Sam finished moments later and cleaned up there bowls. You finished eating and put your bowl in the sink. Dean walked over behind you.

"Your such an amazing mother." He whispered in your ear.

"I'm just doing what any mom would do." You said.

"The way you make sure she's fed before you, and how you make her feel safe in your arms." He said as he kissed your shoulder.

"I'm proud of you. Your amazing." He said as you chuckled.

"Thank you, Baby." You said ask you turned around in his arms.

"Want to help me give our daughter her first bath at home?" You asked as he smiled.

"Absolutely." He said as he followed you to the bathroom.

You plugged the sink, and warmed up the water to just the right temperature. A few minutes later and you placed her in the water and gently began washing her.

15 minutes later
....................................
You put fresh pajamas on Rosie and walked her to her nursery. You laid her down in her crib, and she continued to sleep. You walked out of the nursery, and back into your room. You saw that Dean had already changed into his sleep pants and shedded his shirt. He was sitting on the bed, and waiting for you to join him. You went over to the dresser and got a pair of pajamas. You shedded your shirt and looked over to the mirror. Your scar from that vampire hunt was still visible. You looked over to Dean who was smiling.

"What?" You asked him.

"Nothing. It's just that your beautiful." He said as he seemed to eye you up and down.

"You know how to make a girl blush." You said as you hid your face in your hands.

"It's my job to make sure you know, and never forget." He said chuckling.

You took your hands away from your face and looked back into the mirror.

"You know.....the vampire cut was nothing compared to childbirth." You joked as you finished changing and slid into bed with Dean.

Dean slid down in the bed as well and you turned over into his chest. He wrapped is arm around you, and kissed the top of your head.

"I love you." You said almost in a whisper.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He said as you both went into a deep sleep.