n i n e

Dean rested one hand on the wheel and one hand on Faith's stomach as he pulled into the dark tunnel of the bunker garage. Finally feeling safe, Faith had fallen asleep on his shoulder minutes after they left the barn. 

He slowly parked Baby, and slid out of the car, careful not to make too much noise and wake her. He gently slid his arms under her legs and around her back as he lifted her out of the car. She stirred slightly in her sleep but eventually snuggled into his flannel as he carried her upstairs. 

Sam had parked the other car and went up before Dean, making sure to leave their bedroom door open to help him out. He slowly made his way to their room and placed her down gently on the bed. He looked down at her before placing a kiss on her forehead. Her smudged mascara around her eyes and her cheek sent a punch straight to Dean's gut. He made a silent vow to not leave her side again. 

He dug the sonogram photos out of his pocket and laid them on his bedside table. He made his way to the bathroom and searched through Faith's makeup cabinet, looking for a removal wipe. He finally found some and made his way back to her side on the bed and sat down gently not to jar her. He wrapped the wipe around his index finger and gently wiped the smeared makeup away from her face. She jerked as the cold wipe brushed her face after the 6th or 7th time.

"Honey?" She croaked as her eyes pried open. 

"Shhh," Dean said as he pushed her hair out of her face. "We are home now," 

"Please tell me you didn't carry me up here," She said as she looked up to him. 

"Okay, then. I won't say it," He smiled. 

"Dean," She rolled her eyes. 

He raised from the bed and tossed the wipe into the trash before going over and grabbing another one of his shirts from a drawer. He walked over to her again and helped her change into his shirt so she could be more comfortable. 

"Your shirts are almost too small," She chuckled as she snuggled into the blankets. Dean walked back over to his side and slid in beside her. 

"Here," He said as he reached back over to the bedside table and handed her the sonogram pictures. 

"Oh, I almost forgot," She smiled, taking them eagerly. "Thats our little girl," 

"Sure is," Dean smiled as he watched Faith continue to fall in love through the pictures. 

"I love them," She said as he stared at them for a few more seconds before placing them on the bedside table. 

Suddenly, a startling movement caused Faith to yell out. "Owe!"

"What's wrong?" Dean asked as he sat up farther in the bed, ready to take action. 

"Wait," Faith said as she placed a band on her stomach. "I think shes kicking," 

Dean relaxed back down into the bed and allowed a smile to form across his face. "Can I?" He asked as he reached out a hand. Faith quickly grabbed his hand and placed it next to hers as the sensation continued. His eyes searched in wonder and amazement as he felt his daughter kick against their hands. 

"She's strong," Faith said as her smile widened. 

"Just like her mother," Dean winked, never moving his hand away.