Chapter 20 : Going Home

Rosie was perfect. Perfectly healthy, perfectly beautiful, just perfect.

You were healing nicely, and could walk normally now. You had been in the hospital for 3 days, and you wanted to go back home.

Your morning started out with lots of packing, and preparing for the trip home. Rosie was dressed in her going home outfit, and her car seat was all put together.

You got dressed and packed all your bags and checked out of the hospital. Sam loaded the car as Dean fastened the car seat into the back of the Impala. You sat in the back with Rosie making sure she was okay. In a few moments the Impala was started, and you all headed back home.

The trip home wasn't long, but Rosie slept the whole way. She was such a good baby. When the Impala came to a stop you unfastened your seatbelt, and undid Rosie's car seat. You attempted to carry your daughter, but the soreness wasn't completely gone. Dean came around and picked up Rosie and helped you out of the car. You all walked inside.

You slowly unpacked all your bags from the hospital. You also unpacked all of Rosie's things into her nursery. She laid in her crib fast asleep as you arranged everything into place. It seemed so complete now that there was actually a baby in the crib.

You walked over to your daughter and placed the lightest kiss on her for head. Of course she stirred a bit, but the soothing sound of your voice made the infant go still again. You were excited to be a mother, and raise your daughter to the best of your ability.