e i g h t

Faith slowly raised her head and tried to open her eyes so she could see her surroundings. She was now bound to a chair in a cold environment. Her vision was pitch black from the blindfold that was tied around her head. 

"Let me go you son of a bitch!" Faith tried as she pulled and tugged against the restraints. "You know my husband will kill you as soon as he finds out where we are,"

"We aren't concerned about Dean Winchester," The demon spoke from behind where she was sitting. It quickly ripped the blindfold off her face, allowing Faith to see finally. 

"Well, hello love," A thick Scottish accent spoke as a familiar figure walked around into Faith's field of vision. 

"Crowley," Faith said through grit teeth. "What the hell do you want from me?" 

"You know exactly what I want," He replied, pacing in front of where she sad. 

"You aren't getting that demon tablet," She spat. "Forget it," 

"I think hubby might disagree when he realized his wife and unborn child's lives weigh in the balance," He chuckled as he gestured toward her swollen stomach. 

"You wouldn't dare," She continued, trying to buy as much time as she could. 

"Don't tempt me, mommy squirrel," She said with his head half-cocked. "That tablet means a great deal to me,"

Dean POV

Several hours prior, Dean smiled down at the pictures of his little girl as the receptionist handed him the sonogram pictures. He walked proudly back down the hall towards the room Faith was in. "Our baby is beautiful," He said as he opened the door, still looking down. 

Hearing no response, he looked up to notice the room was now completely empty. "Faith?" He called out as he stepped back into the hall. "Does anyone know where my wife went?" He asked the nurses that stood scattered in the hall. Each of them shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders. 

"I think she walked out the back door," One of them spoke up as they pointed to the end of the hall. 

"Damn it," Dean grunted as he walked outside. "How could I be so stupid?" He continued as he walked around the building, looking for any sign of his wife. Without any luck, his heart began to beat faster as the lump grew in his throat. 

He walked over to the Impala, slipping in as he quickly dialed Sam's number. 

"Well?" Sam asked in a cheery voice as he answered the phone. "Hows are our girls?" 

"Sam, I need to you track Faith's phone now," He ordered. 

"Wait, is everything okay?" Sam asked confused as Dean could hear him typing on his computer, trying to find her location. 

"I think one of the doctors was a demon," He finally admitted. "The demons have them, Sam," He said as his voice cracked. 

"She's in a barn off the highway about an hour from here," Sam said. "I'll send you the coordinates and meet you there," Sam said as he slammed his computer and headed for the garage. "We will get them back, Dean," 

"Hurry, Sam," Dean said as he hung up the phone and threw it on top of the dash. He roared Baby's engine to life and peeled out of the parking lot moments later. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel with all of his emotions.

An hour turned into 35 minutes as Dean sped well over the speed limit all the way there. Sam was still 10 minutes out, and convincing Dean to wait was out of the question. He quickly rounded to the trunk and gathered the demon blade and his pistol that encased devil trap bullets. 

"Stop this, Crowley," Dean heard his wife scream from inside the barn. He quickly made his way over to the door, bursting inside and not being able to waste another minute. 

He rounded the corner and shot both Crowley and the demon in just a couple of seconds. 

"Behind you!" Faith yelled as another demon stood behind him. He quickly whipped around and placed the demon blade in the side of its neck. 

"Bollocks," Crowley grunted as he stood stuck in his place. Dean walked over and stabbed the other stuck demon in the chest, no remorse in his eyes and he watched it sink to the ground. 

"Give me one good reason why you shouldn't be the next person I kill with this?" Dean said, turning to face Crowley with the demon blade in hand. 

Crowley stood there silent, knowing there was nothing he could do. Dean quickly turned his attention to his wife who was still bound to the chair in the middle of the room. He searched her eyes as he worked on the ropes around her wrist. Her face was stained with tears and her wrist and ankles were raw from pulling against the restraints. 

"Cas will heal you right up when we get home," Dean gave a half-smile as he finished taking off the last rope. 

Without saying anything, Faith stood up and pulled herself into Dean's chest, finally allowing herself to breathe. He rested his chin on top of her head as he pulled her in even tighter. 

"Please," Faith finally spoke as she looked up to Dean. Her eyes were red and swollen. "Take me home," 

"Of course," He said as she turned and wrapped her arm around his. 

"You can't just leave me here," Crowley finally spoke, still stuck. 

Faith and Dean continued to walk out of the barn as if they didn't hear his screaming. Sam pulled up as they reached Baby. 

"Why didn't you wait?" Sam asked as he slung the door of the car open and stepped out. 

"I couldn't," Dean said as he helped Faith slide into the passenger seat. "My girls were in trouble," 

"How is she?" Sam asked as Dean closed the door. 

"A little shook up, but she'll be better once we get home," Dean said in almost a whisper so that she couldn't hear. 

"I say that we just let Cas stick to the baby check ups from now on," Sam suggested, trying to make light of the situation. 

"No kidding," Dean agreed, patting Sam on the shoulder as he walked to the driver side of the Impala.