Chapter 20

Aaron paced back and forth in front of Letta's bed chamber. He abruptly stopped as Claudia exited the room. She blankly stared at her brother, "She doesn't wish to see you. Can't say that I blame her."

Aaron growled as he pushed by his sister and into Letta's room. Letta's face shot to his direction with fearful eyes. Aaron's chest heaved as he spoke, "This is my house, and I will go where I please. Do you understand?"

Letta's eyes eased angry tears onto her cheeks. He took a step back as she flung her bed covers off and jumped from the bed, "Then do not follow me this time, and we shall be free of one another." Aaron's eyes searched hers to see if she was bluffing, but his reasoning came into play. Of course she is not bluffing, she almost drowned last time and probably would do it again. Aaron's eyes did not leave Letta's face as he spoke, "Leave us."

Claudia eased out of the room and gently shut the door.

Letta kept a cold eye on Aaron as he sat on her bed. He shyly looked up to her, "Sit." Aaron sighed when Letta didn't move, "Please sit."

Letta reluctantly eased down next to him and waited for his next move.

"Letta. I was wrong to say those terrible things to you. I should have know better that your intentions were innocent. I would like you to stay. All of us would. Please." Aaron turned his worried brow to her.

Letta looked down at her fumbling delicate fingers. She held her breath as Aaron gently covered them with one of his. He then smiled as he raised her palm to his palm. "Such little hands, for a woman who saved so many."

Letta smirked as she turned her tired eyes to his smiling face.

Aaron felt something stir in him that he had not felt before. He wanted to desperately kiss her, but nothing more. He broke his gaze as he stood and looked down to her, "I should let you get your rest."

Letta nodded, "Yes sir."

Aaron smiled before he left, "Call me Aaron."

Letta blushed as she watched him leave.

Aaron turned to a smirking Claudia as she leaned her back against the hallway wall. He rolled his eyes as he walked away, "Goodnight Claudia."

Claudia could only chuckle.

*********

Emella roared as she threw a wine vessel at Demetrio's head, "Another whore pregnant! Maybe if you did not waste your seed on them, I would be producing you a legitimate heir!"

Demetrio smirked as he charged at Emella. She was taken back by his anger as he pinned her to the bed, "Where is this so called child that the soothsayer promised? Don't think that I forgotten your trickery witch."

Emella struggled as she tried to push him off. Her eyes grew in terror as he lifted the hem of her skirt, "No!"

"I thought this is what you wanted." Demetrio smirked as he ripped her fine dress from her chest. Emella had tears spilling from her eyes as he thrusted into her. She was in a daze as he continued to violate her as she laid still.  She started to sob as he called out to Letta with every thrust.

Emella rolled to her side into the fetal position as she cried. Demetrio dressed in silence and took his leave.

That was the first time that Emella hadn't  enjoy the company of a man. She felt broken and insignificant. Her crying became louder as the night went on.

*************^
Aaron had not seen Letta for two days. With his return and new governorship, he was exstreamly busy. Letta also spent much of her time at the city's farm. Aaron smirked as he and a small band of servants rode out to see her. He could see why she loved spending time here. It reminded her of her lost friend Sarah. Aaron inquired her whereabouts from a child in the court yard. He eased up to the black smith shop and watched in silence as the young blacksmith was teaching her his trade.  Aaron could feel his temper rising.

"Like this?" Letta raised the heavy hammer over the iron and struck it as she bit her tongue to the side of her lips. Aaron couldn't help but think she was adorable trying to lift the heavy hammer.

His amusement quickly faded as the black smith pressed his chest to Letta's back and guided her arm to
swing, "Almost, here let me show you."

Aaron contained his growl as he cleared his throat.

Letta turned and smiled, "Aaron! Johnathan was showing me his trade!"

Johnathan gulped as Aaron approached them, "Was he now..?"

Aaron smiled an evil smile as he leaned in towards his face, "How very kind of you."

Johnathan felt like shaking. Aaron kept an uneasy stare on him, "Please forgive me, but I must discuss something with miss Letta at another location, perhaps you could finish her training later..?"

Johnathan gulped again as he watched the side of Aaron's eye twitch with anger. Johnathan quickly shook his head no. Aaron smirked, "Hmm.. Pitty. Well come dear."

Aaron offered his arm to Letta, she smiled a care free smile as she took it.

Letta stopped as they approached his horse, "Where is the other horse?"

She slightly jumped as Aaron whispered against her ear, "No need for two."

He easily lifted her onto the saddle and climbed on behind her. Letta blushed as he wrapped his arm around her waist to secure her, "Comfortable?"

Letta nervously cleared her throat, "Oh, uh yes. Thank you." She shivered as she could have sworn Aaron's lips purposely grazed her ear.

The couple rode for about ten minutes to a a clearing. Letta smiled as she noticed a large tent at the top of the hill on the riverside. Once they arrived, Aaron eased her off the horse by her hips. She nervously looked down as she noticed Aaron did not let go of her waist.

Aaron smirked at her shyness and held her hand as he led her to the massive tent. The servants had prepared a private spread of food for them to enjoy. Once Letta and Aaron entered the tent, the servants dispersed for them to have privacy.

"What is all this?" Letta looked up to Aaron as he helped her ease down to the cushions on the ground.

"I thought we might need a break from all of our accomplishments." Aaron eased down beside her and smiled.

Letta nodded and smiled as she looked over the massive spread. "Thank you Aaron, this is lovely."

"Pleasure is all mine." Aaron smirked S he plopped a fat juicy grape in his mouth.