Chapter 23

The whole family sat in the dining hall as they ate their breakfast. Letta smirked as she felt Aaron staring at her as she ate. She cut her eyes to him and quickly looked away, his smile widened as he leaned and nipped the top of his finger tip. The whole family stopped eating as Cecile spoke, "Uncle Aaron."

Aaron turned his raised eyebrows to her and smiled a half inquisitive smile.

"Why do you always stare at Letta?"

Claudia coughed as she patted her chest. Aaron turned only his eyes to Letta.

Letta chuckled silently as she looked down as she picked at her plate.

"Well.. " Aaron's sarcastic smile turned to Cecile, "I think she is very beautiful, don't you?"

"Is that why your always kissing her when no one is looking?" Cecile giggled at the end of her question.

Aaron's smirk widened, "Precisely."

"Aaron!" Claudia widened her eyes at Aaron as a warning for him to stop.

"Are you going to marry her?" Cecile tilted her head to him as she asked.

Letta was about to correct her, but Aaron interrupted her. "Yes Cecile. I am."

Letta's mouth was slightly open with her brow wrinkled as she turned to Aaron.

Cecile chuckled, "Where is her ring?"

Letta lifted her eyebrows to a defeated Aaron.

Aaron plopped a grape in his mouth. As he chewed, he pulled a iron box from his toga robe. The color from Letta's face drained as she watched him stand and walked towards her seat. She gulped as she swallowed and held her breath.

Aaron stood next to her and eased down as he opened the box.

Letta's eyes rolled as she passed out from shock as he placed it on her ring finger

Letta's eyes rolled as she passed out from shock as he placed it on her ring finger. Aaron caught her as she slumped forward.

Michael chuckled, "Is that a yes?"

"Does this mean she's going to have a baby..?" Everyone turned to Cecile as she scratched her head with curiosity.

Letta's eyes fluttered open and looked upon her ceiling, "It must have been a dream." She closed her eyes as she squeezed her temples of her head with her left hand. Her eyes flew open as she realized the weight of her hand was different. She quickly sat up as she held the back of her left hand up to see the giant opal. "Oh no.."

"Don't be cruel Letta." She gasped as she turned towards Aaron's voice. He eased up from a chair that was turned away from the bed. He purposely hid from her until she awakened.

"Aaron, I'm worried that you are making a mistake. There are plenty suitable women that would be honored to be your wife." Letta's small face showed sorrow.