Chapter 35

Arron frantically paced his bedroom chamber as his men sought out his wife's location. With Emella also missing, he thought the worst. With a knock at the door, he ran to answer it; only to find the worst was about to come true.

*************

Michael held back his angry brother from charging to Emella, "Don't! Do you not see what she has done?

Aaron glared at Emella as she held a torch. His eyes followed the ground were there was a trail of oil spilled to a bound Letta. Emella had tied her to a small ladder and hoisted her up against the farms hitching post. Letta's eyes locked onto Aaron's. If she was going to die, he was going to be last thing she seen.

Aaron looked back to Emella with his hands up and stepped forward, "Emella, let her go... She is innocent in all of this."

She cackled, "Of course she is! Perfect Letta.. Poor Letta..! I'm sick of it. Once she is gone Demetrio will love me.."

She gasped when she heard his voice emerged from the crowd, "Emella! What have you done?"

She had the look of a child getting caught, "I... I'm going to make you love me.."

Demetrio was on the verge of tears, "Please don't do this.."

Emella looked down as she thought, "I... they won't hurt me.. she's only a slave. She doesn't matter.."

Aaron growled at her words. He pulled his knife and pulled Demetrio's head back, "Let her go! Or I will spill his blood all over Rome!"

She gasped, "You wouldn't!"

"Try me..?" He pulled Demetrio's hair back tighter and cut a small wound close to his neck."

Emella squealed, "Stop it! Let him go!"

Aaron glared, "Get rid of the torch, and I'll free him."

Emella had a dazed look, "Goodbye Demetrio."

Aaron roared as she dropped the torch and it lit the trail of oil. He heaved as he shoved his blade through Demetrio's neck. Emella screamed in pain as he smirked and spread his blood across his face. Emella eased to her knees as he ran past her to his wife.

Letta tried to stay calm but the flames were getting hotter. She couldn't take it anymore as she screamed out in agony, "Aaron!"

He looked around for a solution, and signed with relief. He jumped in a large water trough and soaked his clothes. Michael had secured Emellas restraints as he watched.

Aaron kept across the flames and cut the ladder lose. He climbed to Letta and cut her bound hands and feet. He cupped the side of her coughing face, "Jump when I tell you."

She nodded as she coughed. The oily smoke was burning her throat. Aaron reached around her waist and pushed off the post, making the ladder tip foreword. When it was leaning half way over the flames he yelled, "Jump!"

Letta pushed off the same time that he did and rolled.

As she laid in the safe dirt she coughed while trying to catch her breath. Aaron leaned over her stroking her cheek, "Hold on! Don't.."

Letta's eyes rolled as she gasped for air. All she saw was black as her eyes closed.

****************
Aaron watched over his sleeping wife. She had mild burns on her feet and legs, but the most damage that she suffered was her lungs. His lip quivered as she rattled with every breath. He whispered his cries, "Please.. Don't.. don't leave me.."

The rest of the family tried to hold back their tears as they watched the sad scene.

*************
Two days later, Letta coughed as her eyes eased open. A sleeping Aaron gasped as her hand slid to his shoulder. Her hand shook as she wiped a tear from him cheek. He leaned over her and kissed her brow. She pressed her eyes from his affection.
***********

Michael and Aaron both walked past the prison guards. Emella eased from the floor as they entered her cell. Michael smile as she cowered away, "No! No! I don't deserve this!"

Michael secured her wrist in the chains from above, "How many this time brother?"

An evil handsome smile spread across Aaron's lips, "Twelve.."

Emella didn't hesitate to scream as the whip ripped across the flesh on her back.

************

Letta's eyes flew open as she tried to catch her breath. Aaron quickly turned over to his very pregnant wife, "Calm down.. It was just a bad dream.. Calm down.." Letta's tired eyes eased closed as he helped her control her breathing while he stroked her hair.

He pursed his lips as he watched his weak wife's eyes closed again. Letta was never physically the same after the fire. She could hardly walk to the other end of the room without losing her breath, and the deeper into her pregnancy; the more difficult it was for her to endure.

Aaron never revealed his fear of the delivery, but she had come this far, surly this would not end her.

The Hidden OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara